Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flip safety mark??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flip safety mark??
    Posted: Nov 02 2018 at 2:01pm
Is only marked N.
I saw in the books that Inland did have T4 flip safeties late in production but the only codes shown were HI and EI. 
I searched the NLs and couldn't find this mark. There is not another mark on the side of the flipper.
Does anyone know what the N. is?
Thanks

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2018 at 6:34pm
I believe it to be Neider. Do not hold me to it as I cannot find the notes with that info.
Anyone else? 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by colreed colreed wrote:

I searched the NLs and couldn't find this mark.

There is a N. listed for rotary safeties on the parts marking chart in CCNL 2 down the "other" column. Coming up empty with my resources trying to find out for sure who made it.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2018 at 3:31pm
Wayne, I see that. Thanks.
Shown with the N. is a 'double S'. Does that mean the two stamps should appear together on the same safety? Mine does not have the 'double S' stamp.
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2018 at 3:46pm
The SS is W.M. Steinen. it is a transfer between the two subcontractors.
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2018 at 4:27pm
Since N. is Neider, and SS is Steiner, I would not expect to see both marks on the same flip safety....right?
 Post Reply Post Reply