Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DCM Carbine sold after the War.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meckanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DCM Carbine sold after the War.
    Posted: Sep 16 2018 at 7:41pm
In a discussion it was stated that DCM at one time sold off as many as 200k un-issued Carbines. Can anyone say whether this was true or were they "used"?
Lancer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 2:18am
If I recall rightly they were sold through the NRA to members for about $25 delivered, at least mine was. Ah, the good old days. I just went down to the train station and picked up the box containing the carbine.
  They were listed as "unserviceable" whatever that meant, and packed in cosmoline that took me a week of soaking in lacquer thinner to clean the metal parts. Even then I had to push a cleaning rod down the bore to clean out the rock hard cosmoline that was in it.
  All that happened in the early 60s, about 1963 if I recall. As you can imagine they were gone in a flash.
  They all came with papers in the box and today if you have one with the papers I bet they're worth a bunch of money even if they are mixmasters.
  Lance Mearing
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by meckanic meckanic wrote:

In a discussion it was stated that DCM at one time sold off as many as 200k un-issued Carbines. Can anyone say whether this was true or were they "used"?

Your question is if there were unissued Carbines released in the DCM sale of Carbines?
 Post Reply Post Reply