The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from AZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from AZ
    Posted: Aug 27 2018 at 6:30pm
Just wanting to say hello from AZ. I'm switching over from a well known site that is unfortunately going to go away soon I hear.
Happy to be accepted on board, and I see that there are several members I already recognize.
I'm not new to the M1 carbine, yet still a pup in learning of course. I'm sure to die some day and still have a question or two under my belt unanswered.
Great carbines, awesome history, and a real treat to shoot for all ages. Grandkids love them as well as my daughter-in-law. Not so much with my AR-10 son. "It's cool Pops" I can only grin. Wacko
I have 3 total. Wish I could say 330 as per my handle. but that was all I could think of when I was sighing up. 3-30's. One Inland 1-44, one QHMC 9-43, and one Gen 2 Universal. I am happy to say that all run and function very nicely.
I also do my own reloads for the M1 carbine. So I will be happy to hear more input and idea's on that.
I'm here to learn, ask questions, and hope to even share a little now and then.
Thanks for the acceptance, and hope to get in the mix. I'm looking forward to the learn.

Lightning 330
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2018 at 7:18pm
Welcome to the forums.
What carbine forum is going away?
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2018 at 7:19pm
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here. Happy collecting!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2018 at 7:38pm
Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Lightning330 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2018 at 7:41pm
Thank you for the welcome.
M1CarbineForum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company
This is the site, and I miss stated it I think.
It will no longer be free is the correct words. I can understand but yet don't all in one.

Lightning 330
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2018 at 6:01am
Welcome to the forum.  Great bunch of folks with lots of knowledge and willingness to help. 
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2018 at 5:59pm
Hey Steve, Glad to see you made it here! Welcome from the great state of New Mexico! I like your new handle.    
JackP
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2018 at 7:41pm
Thanks Jack, good to be here. Lightning was that true blue dog that most of us had growing up.
Grew up together in the fields of Kansas. She made it to an old age and a good life.

Lightning 330
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2018 at 12:25pm
I love the place where you live! Me and Harley have been thru there many times.

I am also a re-loader and can share some information with you. Welcome to the forum and lots of us are on other forums as well, maybe by another name.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2018 at 3:47pm
Thanks floydthecat for the welcome. I've been in Page over 40 years. Kinda fond of it.
I remember a person from my other forum. Harley rider, same story.
Without giving up names. Does Ab ring a bell?
Looking forward to this new forum. Thanks again.
Lightning 330
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2018 at 5:48pm
Ab dosen't ring a bell, but as you well know....many, many scooters pass thru there to-from Monument Valley. We have came in from the South, North down out of Utah and from the east out of the valley. I remember one of the most pleasant morning experiences I have had was sitting on a deck outside of a restaurant eating breakfast on a cool morning looking down on Lake Powell. If I had the chance to live anywhere again, I think it would be in your neighborhood. Maybe I'll bring a few carbines!
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2018 at 8:04pm
Glad you enjoyed your time in Page. I can only think of two places that have a restaurant deck for view. We get a lot of people traveling threw nowadays. For so many years, and still is. Isolated from the bigger towns. But it has become a hot-spot for people to still enjoy some space and the lake.
The city of Page now, was kinda like the tail end of the last of the old west when I arrived in 1976.
Before that when the dam was being built, and then the ground breaking of the power plant.
It was still a semi wild west era with no real law. The new Tombstone in the years of mid 50's to the mid 60's. Power plant broke ground I'm guessing in the very late 60's.
Park Service was it until it actually became a spot on the map. Then one or two County Sheriff's came later so I hear. No town police for starts, since only tents, plus a mess and dance hall was it at the start of Glen Canyon Dam.
I have heard some crazy - crazy wild stories over the years from the first to arrive. Most are gone now. When I got to Page in 76. It was modern. One stop light, three places to eat and a huge Babbit's store. Paved roads, yet would stay full of blow sand. 3 channels on the TV from Utah.
The town carpet would role up by 8pm. 3 bars would be it. Only you can imagine after that.
Liquor law in AZ was 18 then. I can't remember back then ever meeting but one person over 45. The old folk???? Sha- boom, sha boom.
Funny to look back now and wonder why I stayed. Being 22 might help explain?
I only get to pass stories of past now. Perfect!

Lightning 330
Laserman55 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laserman55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2018 at 9:03pm
About fifteen years ago, I borrowed a Carbine for a club match and had to have one of my own. I bought a Standard Products at the next gun show and started reading everything I could find about the Carbine. I've bought and sold a few since then and currently own a, Quality Hardware, Underwood, two Winchesters, and an IBM. The Underwood and one of the Winchesters are Bavarian. I had belonged to the Carbine Collectors Club in the past and used to spend time on Jouster and the CMP forums. Married with three great kids and  I'm an engineer for NASA.
Larry
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2018 at 9:21pm
Welcome to the forum! Nice to have a fellow collector with the same employer as me. If you're familiar with the Dulles show and are interested in meeting some of us, PM me as we enjoy meeting other collectors.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2018 at 9:45pm
Welcome to the forum Laserman. Sounds like you have a nice collection.
Lightning 330
 Post Reply Post Reply