Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stock question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USSOKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock question
    Posted: Aug 16 2018 at 4:45pm
Repeated from new member intro: I've collected Colts and S&W's and a few Winchesters now and then. Recently purchased a QMC Carbine which appears to be original except for the stock which is a Winchester I-cut. Hand guard is unmarked. Barrel is Rock-ola with a 3/43 date with proof mark. Serial # is 1560XXX. Would this gun originally have had a I-cut high wood or oval-cut high wood stock? Any ideas on how it ended up with a Winchester stock? How difficult would it be to find the correct stock for this? Thanks!
There are no markings in the sling well.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2018 at 5:03pm
Without a doubt you need an I-cut highwood with the larger QHMC cartouche. The slingwell markings could vary between RMC to Q-RMC and also, with your serial, the RMC may be the earlier larger font they briefly used. Btw, what a nice WRA stock you have on it now, that would be excellent trade bait if you wanted to.
 Post Reply Post Reply