Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Recent Inland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Recent Inland
    Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 10:25am

A collector since 1963 when I bought a British Jungle Carbine for $24.50 and a SMLE MkIV for $18.50 from Britts Dept Store. This is my first M1 Carbine. Thanks for checking it out.

Heres the pics...https://www.m1garandforum.com/album/16200-comming-soon

There is no visible import mark.
The receiver marked  “INLAND DIV. / 5304902” 
The top of the barrel is marked “INLAND MFG. DIV. / GENERAL MOTORS / 6 – 44” and “P”.
The right rear of the trigger group is marked “INLAND” which is an Inland mark (page 78 of Craig Riesch’s book, U.S. M1 Carbines Wartime
Production 7th Edition).
The hammer is marked “I-I” which is an Inland mark (page 89).
The magazine release is marked “WI” which is an Inland mark (page 100).
The push button safety is unmarked which is consistent with Inland and others (page 97).
The <span>slide marked with underlined “PI” on the inside. The bottom
of the sides are marked with a single letter and the Ordnance
drawing/part number (7160091.)

The bolt is marked “AI” on the left lug which was used by Inland and National Postal Meter (page 36).
The front sight is marked “N” which is consistent for Inland and others (page 56).
The Type II rear sight is marked “HI” which is an Inland mark (page 29).
The barrel band is Inland marked SI Type 3
The sling well is marked with a faded “LW-B” stamping which is an IBM mark
(page 108-109).<<>>(LOOKING FOR ONE MARKED OI TO MATCH THE INLAND HAND GUARD)
The right side of the butt is painted “120” twice.
The stock is stamped with an Ordnance Department “crossed cannons” cartouche next to the grip.
The inside of the handguard is marked “OI” which is an Inland mark (page 138)

Heres the pics...https://www.m1garandforum.com/album/16200-comming-soon
Fly Fishing boat Capt Port Canaveral..FFF / CCI
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 11:12am
I had more pics of the trigger group and all other markings but the box "Image Properties" seems to be filled and I can't add any.. Am I missing something ? Pics too big ?
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 11:21am
Size them to 1000 pixels or less using PC Paint.
JackP
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

Size them to 1000 pixels or less using PC Paint.

Thanks but "Image Properties"is already full and I can't add any.. Is PC Paint a program?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 11:59am
Good looking Inland, zenfly. Would like to see some close ups of the stock cartouche once you get your picture sizing figured out.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 12:24pm
Paint is a PC image editing program that resides in the Accessory folder on the various versions Microsoft Windows. I believe there is a Mac version of this too. You can use it to adjust the size of large images to allow downloading to the forum. You can also use it to add text, graphics, crop, rotate, etc.

Where are you seeing the box "Image Properties"?
JackP
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Good looking Inland, zenfly. Would like to see some close ups of the stock cartouche once you get your picture sizing figured out.

I'd love to but I can't get get them off the download page.. I wanted to post all the markings. The IBM stock looks like it had some finish added but the cartouche doesn't look sanded flat at all.. It still has roundness to the cannons and deep impressions.. It's just behind the pistol grip, more forward than all others I've seen.. I think I'm going to sell this stock when I find one to match with IO on it and think the gun will be all correct then but I wanted y'all to check it over.. Thanks
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

Paint is a PC image editing program that resides in the Accessory folder on the various versions Microsoft Windows. I believe there is a Mac version of this too. You can use it to adjust the size of large images to allow downloading to the forum. You can also use it to add text, graphics, crop, rotate, etc.

Where are you seeing the box "Image Properties"?

When I click the pic box above with the green tree it pops up. Thanks for the help.

I was able to post 10 here. https://www.m1garandforum.com/album/16200-comming-soon
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 3:06pm
Maybe one of the moderators can help with the pictures. I don't see that box pop up.

BTW, nice Inland. One place you can find nice Inland stocks is whatacountry.com. Their blemished stocks are usually easily repairable.
JackP
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 5:30pm
great looking carbine..
Chuck70 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 6:15pm
Awesome Carbine!
Charles Wilson
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Thanks for asking.. Heres that 5 pic link again and the cartouche is second on the top row. It's the main thing I wanted someone with more experience to look at, https://www.m1garandforum.com/album/16200-comming-soon

cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2018 at 6:06am
you can use a free image site like IMGUR (do NOT use photobucket). And make an album then just post the link here, like this one below.

https://imgur.com/

https://imgur.com/a/XbmHSP2
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by cali201 cali201 wrote:

you can use a free image site like IMGUR (do NOT use photobucket). And make an album then just post the link here, like this one below.

It looks like you created that second link on imgur and posted all the pics at once. Sorry I'm so thick but I can't find on the site how to do that.

When I go to enter them the way I did above this is the page thats full and won't let me enter more..

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/RTE_popup_adv_image.asp
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by cali201 cali201 wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/XbmHSP2

Our forum software may have a slight learning curve but it is free. Since we roll the cost over to our members (free) it is what we have to work with.
Our benefactors however have been covering the bandwidth fees. This is why pictures must be less than 999 pixels wide, which 720 is more than adequate in most cases.

Pictures are important to the discussion. When a picture disappears it may make the thread irrelavent.

With 3rd party hosting sites the pictures usually disappear. Imgur deletes after 6 months of no views.

A simple request to mods and the pictures were inserted.

Please consider this when posting pictures.
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
moneawon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moneawon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2018 at 11:36am
I uploaded the rest of the pictures to the op’s library and updated the links so all of them would show but it looks like some of them are no longer visible. I can fix them if the op would like me to. If that is ok with the op, please let the mods know. Would also like to help the op figure out how to upload photos and resolve any issues. Like was previously stated it is a learning process but it is great since we can post photos directly into posts.
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2018 at 12:53pm
How do I empty this (RTE_popup_adv_image.asp)so I can start over? There doesn't seem to be a reset button or delete. I even tried to post new "My Recent Inland part 2" to start over and do it right but the filled page followed me and it's a dead end.

I need to empty this.  I think. Not sure at this point

Seems I also have to have to have a program to downsize the pics before they're entered here..I'm spoiled because all the other forums I'm on must do the downsize automatic on the way in or something. I'm not sure and never gave it a thought.

Thank you all for your patience.

zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2018 at 8:12am
I don't know what this is.. I've never seen it before on any form to enter pics but I'm at a dead end if I can't empty it.

Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2018 at 9:19am
What you are seeing is the upload manager.
From any page upper left click "member control panel"
Then just under you will see file tabs. Click on last one "file manager"

There you will see a very similar page. From there you can select and delete photos you uploaded.
The boxes to right set parameters which i suggest you do not use.
From same page you can also upload new puctures. Later when making a post you can choose to add those photos rather then uploading again
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Lupus Dei Lupus Dei wrote:

What you are seeing is the upload manager.
From any page upper left click "member control panel"
Then just under you will see file tabs. Click on last one "file manager"

There you will see a very similar page. From there you can select and delete photos you uploaded.
The boxes to right set parameters which i suggest you do not use.
From same page you can also upload new puctures. Later when making a post you can choose to add those photos rather then uploading again

Thank you very much.. I just didn't look hard enough. Before I dump them I first have to get them into a program and get them below the 999 pixels wide or preferred 720. I'm going to try imgur first but another thing I learned from you is "With 3rd party hosting sites the pictures usually disappear. Imgur deletes after 6 months of no views." Another light comes on Smile I've used forums to learn tons over the yrs but never knew why the pics were gone on so many.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>