The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from Atlanta, GA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SargeAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from Atlanta, GA
    Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 8:36am
Good day, all!

My father just gifted me a STDPRO M1 Carbine with Underwood barrel dated 12-43 (P stamped) and the receiver serial number dates from the same period. I stripped it down (except for the bolt) to inspect for markings and condition. It appears to be in very good condition, and I have shot this previously, around 150 rounds and it was reliable. The slide, trigger group and flat top bolt appear to have markings consistent with STDPRO, and it has the type 1 high cut NPM stock with “I” shaped oil tube cutout, and is marked Trimble, TN in the sling cutout (hand guard stamped TN on underside). It has the early, skinny barrel band, with screw on left top side that captures the sling swivel (sling is OD green with no markings, and looks/feels old). Not sure if this is odd, or not, but it has the fully adjustable rear sight, no bayonet lug, the newer style recoil plate (according to the Army TM), and there are no other markings on the stock, other than maker marks and the crossed cannon cartouche. It also came with two 15 round mags (appear to be period correct) and an M2 30 round mag; I have not verified markings on these as of yet. Also have six packs of ammo (3 still sealed) and the ammo in the open packs are headstamped “43”. What a great gift! This is a great website, and looking forward to learning more about the M1 Carbine!
Sarge
USAF-MSgt Retired
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 8:48am
Welcome to the forums Sarge, this site is a great resource for carbine information. Your carbine sounds pretty nice, we love to see pictures on this forum so try to post some when you get a chance.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 9:55am
Hi Sarge and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!
JackP
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 3:39pm
Hello and welcome Sarge.
De7247 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De7247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 9:08pm
Welcome from Texas. I'm new as well sounds like you Dad knew what he was doing.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2018 at 5:53am
Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like a great carbine you have.   
 Post Reply Post Reply