Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbine hunting anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 2:04pm
Too bad Inland 50,004 has been messed with.
Would have been a nice one to own when Original.

JP,
I have a couple early WRA's with the safety blued.

I'm not sure if the one here is blued, in the white or parked.
I hope your's is real.
Good call on the replaced stock!

CH-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 2:55pm
Mine is blued too. It came on an early FAT QHMC from CMP.
JackP
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 3:12pm
Good,
Your all set...
And makes me feel better about it.
Shame these repro parts out there.
Cheers,
CH-P777
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2018 at 9:26pm
Early 5 digit Inland on GB for 6.6k. WTH?

@Charlie - I used to turn up my nose at Inland as they are more "common". Finally realized the maker doesn't matter as long as it is original. So many fakes out there, I often wonder if learning how to spot them leads to finding an anomaly (re: original) or vice versa. Kinda tough to find an original carbine without knowing how to look. Only way is to have help I suppose. It's a fun game to play..."Spot what is wrong with a carbine". Always room to learn.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2018 at 12:43pm
See a Inland 6,7 handstamp for $6,000.00

Fun game at times
Drive you nuts at other times.

Tis a Disease we have....
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2018 at 9:52pm
8k for an IP
5k for an early SP
4k for an early Inland

Holy Snikey!
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2018 at 10:25pm
The problem with 8000 guns is that some newbie thinks a 7000 one is a bargain    I never bought a $25 carbine from the nra. But have bought several with the $25bill of sale from the NRA. Paid over 1000 for some of them and was glad to get them. Some of them were the proverbial mixmaster ready to be made original. Some were orig as sin. Some probably made orig by previous owner.   Roger pointed out the inflation factor on carbines. Hell, try to find a penny piece of bubble gum today. I did find a way to buy cokes for a dime though. Bought me one of them 10 cent coke machines. Can still buy for 10 cents from it. We ain’t going to talk about what it cost and what it costs to fill it but the 10 cent part still works. It still chills them! And I can still get a 10 cent coke! 50+years later.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2018 at 11:20pm
Repro coke machine ? Cool

Hope Your Doing Well,

CH-P777
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2018 at 10:28pm
Is there a value difference between a humped carbine or a corrected one with original parts? I guess the corrected one would be worth more though it probably depends on what was corrected.

A carbine bought for twice its value worth almost nothing. Do not understand the mindset to purchase things without doing one's homework.

Roger is spot on about about carbine inflation. As to what is going on with the carbine market lately, there must have been an influx of new collectors. That's a good thing.

Say I have an original early Inland the book says is worth 2.5k
If a humped one sells for 4 or 6k, does that make mine worth more than 6k?

Charge what the traffic will bare I guess.
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2018 at 1:20am
1961 vendo orig paint, never seen one nicer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12