Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ok experts here we go

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ok experts here we go
    Posted: May 21 2018 at 12:54am
tore it down today after got it home.  Blue Sky Winchester.

Please chime in with anything you see

there are a few anomalies I dont understand. 

Here is the data sheet and pics . I forgot that the buttplate appears to be winchester and i have the long threads on the recoil plate screw which are both unmarked (recoil plate and screw).  

Data Sheet
markdam View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 1:09am
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by markdam markdam wrote:

Looks like a typical mixed part carbine to me. Should be a good shooter and if shooting it alot is your intent then I suggest that you invest in a spare bolt as N14 bolts have been known to crack or break at what seems to be a higher rate than other bolts.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/anyone-seen-a-m1-caarbine-bolt-get-shatttered_topic3154_post20349.html?KW=n14+bolt#20349
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
markdam View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Originally posted by markdam markdam wrote:

Looks like a typical mixed part carbine to me. Should be a good shooter and if shooting it alot is your intent then I suggest that you invest in a spare bolt as N14 bolts have been known to crack or break at what seems to be a higher rate than other bolts.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/anyone-seen-a-m1-caarbine-bolt-get-shatttered_topic3154_post20349.html?KW=n14+bolt#20349

Wow thanks for the heads up!

even thought its a mixmaster would it hurt to find a winchester bolt?  or dont bother with brand?

Are there "NOS" bolts available?  I do mainly want a shooter and if new is better......
bonnie View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 3:19pm
You can find new in the wrap Underwood round bolts with the latest modifications fairly easily searching the internet. Like all carbine parts, prices are going up.

You would want to have the headspace checked before shooting.
markdam View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by bonnie bonnie wrote:

You can find new in the wrap Underwood round bolts with the latest modifications fairly easily searching the internet. Like all carbine parts, prices are going up.

You would want to have the headspace checked before shooting.

awesome ill look
 Post Reply Post Reply