Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Underwood low wood stock short cut?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underwood low wood stock short cut?
    Posted: May 09 2018 at 11:53am
Hi all. Just picked up a low wood Underwood stock and noticed the cut is shorter than my other low woods. I’m not sure if this was an highwood cut down or original low wood. Is something like this normal or do I have a miss cut stock? Oh I checked a couple of different handguards and compared side by side to a low wood and it’s definitely the cut on the stock
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 9:24am
No one?? A recommendation where I can look?
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 9:42am
Does it have a circled P on the bottom of the pistol grip and could you post a couple pics from the top of the slide clearance cut with the stock out of the action? Honestly, it looks like a cutdown to me, just not 100 percent sure though. Even decent M1 stocks go for large bucks, but UEF marked ones are some of the most expensive.

BTW, UEF went to low woods around Oct. 43 and dropped the circled P on the pistol grip at the end of that year if you didn't already know that.
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 9:57am
I will have to check about the P marking I can’t remember off hand. It is rebuild marked though AAV so probably a cut down? Not sure. My question is about the miss matched cut as shown in picture. When they were cut down weren’t they measured or something? This stock wasn’t cut down long enough leaving the extra wood shown. I guess better then taking off too much. Lol. I’m just wondering if this was common to be miss cut and whether I should leave as is or fix it?
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2018 at 8:37pm
Why,  It did have the circle P on pistol grip, very very faint,  so I'm guessing cut down then?  Just a miss measured cut then?  Here's a picture looking into stock. 
 Post Reply Post Reply