Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M2 Specific parts markings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M2 Specific parts markings
    Posted: Apr 11 2018 at 1:21pm
I was curious about markings on M2 specific parts. Eg selector switch, disconnect lever, disconnector etc.

Inland and Winchester were the the only 2 makers of M2s. There are original parts made at the end of WW2 and post war production and/or Ordance contracts for Korea & Vietnam. Anybody know of any fakes or reproduction pieces?

For example Inlanland selector switches were maed HI and LI. I've also seen ADL, where do that fall in. Winchester, I suspect, were all marked W.
Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 2:37pm
Just a week ago I purchased a M2 complete trigger housing, Inland horizontal stamp, hammer stamped WA
Appears to be new safety lever marked M inside of a horseshoe stamp. Magazine release marked a large M or W and underneath that marked WA. 
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 4:38pm
Inland housings which were originally made for the M2 bore the Inland logo upsidedown.

Any other Inland housing was originally made for the M1 and later modified.
James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 5:01pm
Yes, Inland logo is upside down

James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 5:20pm
my intention of this was an Underwood receiver I purchased locally which I received yesterday. So I had ordered a complete milled trigger group from Numrich. I did not specify maker and this Type VI Inland is what arrived. My reason for the Underwood #2897525 is to just build a shooter, as visual perfection not a priority. The type VI trigger group is over the top of what I expected.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 5:39pm
James K,
a quick completed auctions search shows the True Inland T6 Housings selling for much more than you'd pay for any ole milled TH.
I suspect you know this.

Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 8:01pm
When ordered from my Numrich cat#37 a complete milled trigger housing was $118  When they said the price was $209 a big gulp and OK. Way prices are going and what I received, I feel they served me well.
Back to the Underwood receiver, I thought was the only one he had, but he dug in his O.D. bag for the one with my name, he must have had 5 receivers in that bag. I didn't know that before. The receiver fits my needs but as an exhibitor I see you would sell the worst first. No worries, I will be looking into that bag next month.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2018 at 10:40am
pics added of James K trigger housing from Numrich
 Post Reply Post Reply