Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Italian surplus M4 Bayonets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2018 at 2:18pm
The second one arrived in the post today.  Also an AET with crossed cannons dated 1958. Serial #75322.  Still in cosmoline.........
Retired USAF MSGT
Alumni SAFSP
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2018 at 6:44pm
My 3rd bayonet arrived today, another AET, 1960 serial # 163605. This bayonet is in decent shape but has been used, has a spot on the top of the blade that looks like it was arced (electrical) out on something, exactly like marks on many of the knives I carried in my time in the Marine Corps that I often used to bypass a faulty starter button by crossing connections directly at the starter.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2018 at 8:00pm
Here is an update to the list:

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2018 at 8:12pm
Dave I like your idea. I’m going to list my serial in the am when I can get to it.   But condition I would say appears unissued. The scabbard I will need help with as I’m new to bayonets.
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 6:36am
serial number 34826   scabbard I'mguessing is a copy like everyone else.  Some one scratched into the top either OER or DER? 
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 5:20pm
Second one just came. AET 1959 serial 127068. Looks unissued covered in cosmoline but has some scratches I think from pulling out of scabbard. I think I lucked out on the scabbard and think it’s a real m8 but let me know if not. Has 43 stamp on back and usm81a/ v.p. co on front. I am trying pictures but they are too big
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 6:45pm
Just in case you didn't have this, here's a link to Gary Cunningham's Bayonet Points #7 for Post WWII scabbards.  About 1/4 way down the page you should see the M8A1 scabbard by Victory Plastics.  At the bottom of the page you can go Back to Bayonet Points Index for just about all you every wanted to know about bayonets.  I bought his CD a couple years back.

David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 7:57pm
I forgot about the Cunningham books until they were mentioned here. They were on another bookshelf. Much information on M4 Bayonets and M8/M8A1 Scabbards was added between his 1996 and his 2015 book. He does have a section on foreign copies, but does not cover these Italian bayonets.

Latest Update:

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2018 at 12:05pm
I have a U.S. M8 scabbard by BM Co  fibre glass sheath, extended strap with wire hook if this be consistent with M1 Carbine. This came with my Inland Carbine with not a Bayonet, but a U.S. M3 kinfolksinc fighting knife which leather handle rotted away. I will keep the M3 with .050" wear on cutting edge if someone in need of a M8 sheath, PM me.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2018 at 7:02am
James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2018 at 12:52pm
I have had good luck with Midway. I had purchased three bayonets for the Swiss K31's. They ended production in 1958 and were new as unissued condition. Larry Potterfield flew B-52's in Vietnam.
"What is your flash to bang time?"
Previously I mentioned in forum that I have a M8 scabbard who ever wants it. No takers yet, just waiting for someone to e-mail me at whizwagon@yahoo.com as I need an address to send postage free and Item free also. First come first serve
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2018 at 1:10pm
I ordered my second one through Midway. I like the opportunity of getting a "Select" bayonet. The one I got from CF had a pretty ratty scabbard so we'll see what a "Select Grade 1" gets you from Midway. Shipping was a little more, but still a good deal.
JackP
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2018 at 2:18pm
I noticed shipping was more for one but was cheaper than CF for 2.I went with two of 'em and since shipping was covered up to some magical amount I added on a pack of foam swabs for cleaning and especially greasing rails. Q-tips might be good for babie's ears but makes a mess in rails and cam cutouts.
DonFromTexas View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFromTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2018 at 4:23pm
I got mine today, bayonet is well used but fair condition, sn 71128, 1958 year, crossed cannons, A E T maker.  Scabbard may be new, no numbers or names on it
Retired US Army Officer
James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2018 at 8:58pm
M8 scabbard spoken for and be in the post office Monday morn.
QHMC44 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QHMC44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2018 at 10:27am
Received my second order of 2 from CF (Midway USA, is also in on the act now, 3 selectable grades 29.95-39.95).  Anyway, same overall appering un-issued condition, all are AET, all came in Italian copy M8 scabbards, also appearing to be un-issued.  Serial & dates as follows for all 4.  As mentioned dates are hard to read on some, used a printers glass to double check, and found one error listed below.
First order of 2 (CF) - These were well greased
AET - 1958 - 56656 (originally thought this one was dated 1950, due to the grease).
AET - 1958 - 66702
Second order of 2 (CF) - These had little to no grease
AET - 1957 - 45483
AET - 1958 - 62911
Hope this helps.
arthur View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2018 at 6:49pm
I received mine today from Classic....  A.E.T.  -  crossed cannons  - 1960    Wood grip     169700    WELL used like for bayonet training. Unmarked M8 type scabbard,used but nice. Will make a nice addition to my Italian 6.9 million Inland from CMP ten years ago. Did Italy get enough carbines to warrant that many bayonets?

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by arthur arthur wrote:

Did Italy get enough carbines to warrant that many bayonets?

~146,863  
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by arthur arthur wrote:

I received mine today from Classic....  A.E.T.  -  crossed cannons  - 1960    Wood grip

Wood grip? That is interesting. Can you post some pics?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
arthur View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2018 at 7:43pm
Go to classic arms bayonet link and look at the customer pictures pictures at the bottom of page click on the top left picture and scroll through them. There are a few pictures of wood grips.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>