The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to Carbines in Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Carbines in Louisiana
    Posted: Apr 03 2018 at 9:00am
Welcome Ron. I’m a retired 1SG and also recently began collecting Carbines. I have a few M1 Garands and M1903’s, but since getting my first Carbine back in December I’ve been hooked on acquiring more.

Good luck in locating a few pieces of “history.”
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2018 at 5:34pm
Ron, Welcome to the forum, this is a great site with a wealth of carbine info.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2018 at 5:00pm
Welcome. A wise move to investigate first and then buy when the time is right. Where there is money to be made, there will always be the unscrupulous. Knowledge however, is priceless. Enjoy!
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2018 at 4:48pm
Welcome to the forum. Yes, there's a lot of put together carbines out there, both with and without fake parts. Recognizing sellers who peddle fake parts and the people they do business with will save you potentially major bucks in the hobby. Also, read as much as you can online from this site and the many others out there and get a feel for what each poster knows and not.
rwsem1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwsem1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2018 at 3:58pm
Thanks for the add. I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join in order to ask some questions. I'm a moderator on the Dan Wesson forum and retired (30 year) Army CSM. I read the 'buying your first carbine' topic and threads and just finished reading Craig Riesch's book. I've got it all tabbed out and have been perusing the auction sites using it to hone my ability to spot incorrect "factory issue" and upgrade issues. I've learned there are a lot of put-togethers that don't consider the era that upgrades were introduced. Seems like re-installation of the flip sight is the most common. Rotary safeties with type 1 barrel bands and flip sight seems to be a pretty common 'restoration' as well. I'll stop now and ask questions in the appropriate sections. Thanks, Ron
 Post Reply Post Reply