The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ammo Question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ammo Question?
    Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 2:40pm
Today I was at a gunshow with a friend and he bought some 30 carbine ammo. It was headstamped LC 5. I don't remember ever seeing any headsamped that way before. It was all loaded in stripper clips and in bandoliersthey were marked 1954. The lot number on the bandoliers was 13886. I remember seeing a list that told when each lot was manufactured but I don't remember where was anymore. Can anybody tell me when for sure this ammo was manufactured. My guess was probably 1955. Does anyboby have a better idea?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2018 at 4:17pm
Not sure of a date of manufacture but War Baby III, page 1405 does list LC 5 as one of the headstamps used by Lake City Arsenal.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2018 at 7:24pm
Over on the CMP Forum I was told that it was 1955. That they just removed the 4 from a 1954 stamp and kept using the same stamp was why it only had 5 and not 55 like you would think. Thanks for the reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply