The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Member from Iowa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member from Iowa
    Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 11:08am
I recently got a M-1 Carbine for nostalgia purposes.  As an old Air Force member I was trained on the Carbine in basic training and each year there after for a few years.  I think they finally stopped the annual qualifications in late 50's or early 60's.

When the government authorized the CMP to get rid of the old carbines (For the great price of about $20 or $22 shipped) I bought one. I used it for a few years and a bil talked me out of it.

I currently have a June 1942 version on the way - should have it in a couple of weeks.

Retired USAF MSGT
Alumni SAFSP
halbert View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 11:19am
Welcome aboard Road Rat. Hug I guess I'm qualified to issue a welcome since I've been a member ever since Jan. 31st. Wink H-
Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things... You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 12:30pm
Welcome to the forum.  As far as I know and to help answer halbert, now you can issue a welcome too.  Good to have ya.  Would like to hear more about your carbine when you get it.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 7:36pm
Welcome.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 8:35pm
Hi and welcome to the club from New Mexico!
JackP
A Seabee View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Seabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Road Rat Road Rat wrote:

I used it for a few years and a bil talked me out of it

Welcome Road Rat! What is a bil?

Road Rat View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2018 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by A Seabee A Seabee wrote:

Originally posted by Road Rat Road Rat wrote:

I used it for a few years and a bil talked me out of it

Welcome Road Rat! What is a bil?

Oh, Brother-In-Law...........my older sisters husband. Bad thing is I didn't even like the guy .... LOL
Retired USAF MSGT
Alumni SAFSP
 Post Reply Post Reply