FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Rock-Ola

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rock-Ola
    Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 6:10pm
I have yet to see one of those aftermarket carbines. I can't comment not knowing much about them and having never handled one. I agree with the comments above. Trading on a reputable name and (perhaps) offering a lower quality product does not square well with me.
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 4:59pm
I have no problem with the name transfer. I'm concerned about two things, the quality of the rifle and the fact that an extremely viable close quarter combat/defence rifle is available to the public.

In my opinion for public use the M1 Carbine is even more relevant today than ever.
David Milisock
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 3:49pm
Pretty sure the ones I’ve seen are build-outs on JRA receivers. You can tell by the factory fresh receivers surrounded by parked or blued worn parts.  

Most enthusiasts have no interest in products manufactured to replicate a genuine USGI carbine. Obviously, the new Rock-Ola falls into that category.  Just my opinion only, but to me...it’s just another commercial copy. To some...it’s a cheap marketing trick.

RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 3:38pm
That to me kind of P*$$*$  me off that a company can assume the name of a quality war manufacture to build the 'same' but lesser quality product, that just seems to me as deceitful (stolen valor), you know the companies I mean.

When the company closed and ceased production, the name should have been retired and should be removed from reissue to prevent the confusion. If the company produces a high quality product equal to or better than the original I can except that, but what's wrong with an original name? This is just my opinion. As for Rock-ola, I'm waiting to see, if their quality is as good as reported if so, then they honor the name.

Thanks, got that off my chest.          
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 3:32pm
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 2:30pm
I have seen them sell for USGI carbine prices and higher on auction sites. I rather think the buyer thought he was getting a real ROCK-OLA.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 1:19pm
Here it is almost two years later and no-one has posted a review or anything about the, now not so new, new James River Rock-ola, Is there no interest has nobody bought one in all that time?
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2017 at 1:06pm
Seen one at a g-show awhile back, did not look at it very closely, knew for sure it was NOT a USGI, really looked quite crude, did not ask how much $ they were asking.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2017 at 12:49pm
I have read good things about them. Not sure if they are collectible. Pricey I think.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2017 at 7:56am
Is there any reviews, details, testimonies or really just anything about the new James River, Rock-Ola carbines, the only things I read is that they are a high end commercial carbine about equal to a Fulton. Does anyone own one of these, if so, can you give us a review and your opinion of the rifle? I for one would like to know more about the rifle, company, quality control, etc.

Thanks
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
 Post Reply Post Reply