Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland 248608

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS6man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland 248608
    Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 7:49pm
Hi guys

A little back story...I collected US and German WW2 stuff in the early-mid 90's and had a rather large (over 100 piece) collection. My first love though is muscle cars and having an opportunity to buy back a couple of cars I had previously sold caused me to sell off my collection in 2001. Included in the sales were original Inland carbines from each serial block (very early, early, mid, late) and M1A1's. 

Fast forward to 2010...I had some interest in obtaining a "representative piece," and started looking for an early carbine. Up pops this rifle and it "spoke to me" after spending time with it. I bought it from a gentleman who bought it in the early 1970's. I wish I had a cool story about it being used on Iwo or Omaha Beach, but sadly no story exist. 

Since then I've added quite a few original US/German WW2 pieces, including an original legit 1903 USMC Unertl sniper I knew about in the mid 90's and others. This little Inland is a perfect complement to the sniper and I hope to get some pics this winter with them together.

Please take a look at the pics in the link and give me some feedback.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 8:07pm
Welcome to the forum, that's a good looking Carbine, it would have "spoke to me" if I saw it for sale somewhere. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Dave Tennent View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Tennent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 8:11pm
Very nice Inland , thanks for sharing. I too had a corvette habit for a while. I traded my beloved red '71 convertible for carbines! They take up less space and don't break down.

Later,
Dave T in MD

Dave
carbinecanuck View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2017 at 12:00am
Great looking Inland. Really nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.  

That stock set looks like a real beauty!
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. - GEORGE S. PATTON
Doug Bathurst View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Bathurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2017 at 10:45am
What a nice early carbine! It’s talking to me right now. Thanks for posting.
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2017 at 1:07pm
Investment wise, I think they are toss up.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

LS6man View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS6man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2017 at 1:32pm
Thanks guys for the compliments.  I will get it out and take some additional pics of it this weekend if i can. I need to also get out the other carbines and post...get feedback on those as well. 

1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2017 at 5:13pm
Very nice rifle.
 Post Reply Post Reply