Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

30 round Pro Mags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30 round Pro Mags
    Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 9:22am
For you shooters out there, unless your proficient with hammer, files, and pliers, don't spend your money on Pro Mag 30 round magazines. Rather than sending them back, I spent about an hour with the above mentioned tools correcting the area where the shells need to pass through, widening with the file, bending with the pliers and hammering the mag to the proper shape. They only cost $16.00 each so I had nothing to lose. Ouch 
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 2:00pm
Thanks for the info/warning!
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 4:26pm
Pro Mags for anything have been known to be problematic.

Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2018 at 3:16pm
ProMags are pretty much garbage for any mag they produce. I have yet to hear anyone say anything nice about ProMag. As a new M1 Carbine owner, ProMag would be about last on my list of mag vendors to buy eitherh a 30 or 15 round mag.
Vipersdad View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vipersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2018 at 3:00pm
What mags are recommended?

V.
bonnie View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2018 at 8:46pm
First are USGI magazines in good condition.
The Korean magazines also work well.
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/c-409-rifles.aspx#Pg0|
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2018 at 6:14am
Uncle Mike View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by bonnie bonnie wrote:

First are USGI magazines in good condition.
The Korean magazines also work well.|

Hi plus one on the Korean magazines, regards, Mike
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2018 at 4:56pm
I am a new owner so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. I bought four 15rd Korean mags recently. They functioned flawlessly at the range. You can buy them with or without the follower designed to hold the slide back after the last round. Unlike the many aftermarket mags for other vintage WWII firearms that I own, the Korean M1 mags had a nice fit and finish. That is no burrs, poor fitment or cheap materials. As for the Korean springs, they appear acceptable, but only time will tell how long they'll last. If you search they can purchased for decent prices. I got four for about $40.00 on sale. I say buy a few. I think you will like them. That said, I still think the USGI are best.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

I am a new owner so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. I bought four 15rd Korean mags recently. They functioned flawlessly at the range. You can buy them with or without the follower designed to hold the slide back after the last round. Unlike the many aftermarket mags for other vintage WWII firearms that I own, the Korean M1 mags had a nice fit and finish. That is no burrs, poor fitment or cheap materials. As for the Korean springs, they appear acceptable, but only time will tell how long they'll last. If you search they can purchased for decent prices. I got four for about $40.00 on sale. I say buy a few. I think you will like them. That said, I still think the USGI are best.

I echo what Donnie and others have said about Korean 15 round magazines.  You can not beat them for the price.  They are the only mag I use at the range and the Korean's function flawlessly.

Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply