Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Newsworthy Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Church Magazine Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 12:51am
Thanks, Love the History
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2022 at 10:45am
I recently won a Church magazine off Gunbroker for $95 plus shipping. I’m waiting it’s arrival 
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2022 at 10:50am
I got one too!
thirtyround View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2022 at 6:53pm
Very Cool guys, please post some good imagery when you get them in. I was able to acquire 2 Church Mags recently myself!    Cheers! JB
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2022 at 2:30pm

carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2022 at 3:59pm
What do you guys value these mags at these days? I always thought of them more as a curiosity, but it looks like they’ve got some real value?
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2022 at 4:02pm
I paid $70 for mine, it fell through the cracks on Gunbroker, seller ID'd it as "unknown marking" 
thirtyround View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2022 at 6:13pm
You got a good deal if this is what you get into and collect, as recent past shows they have went for a lot more, example given a couple months back, a pair sold on GB for $300.00. Basically its worth whatever it is worth to the person interested. Some people know this stuff is drying up and will pay some good $ for it, some dont give 2 hoots. Congrats, M1/M2 Carbine history is very Cool.    
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2022 at 8:49pm
There’s a local shop that’s got several in really good condition for $60 each. Seemed steep for postwar European production, but I guess they are actually a deal. I’ll have to revisit them I guess.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2022 at 1:43pm
I saved these photos a year or two ago and meant to post them sooner. The mag sold on gunbroker. Evidently I didn’t save pictures of the mag itself, but I’m 99% certain it was the standard parkerized finish and church marked. If it had been something different I would have saved pictures of that too.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/2217/5D6BF6A2-6DEE-4D59-96D3-CFDA6FE44068.jpg
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/2217/163D63B6-5F69-4E9C-ADA7-98193CE48F5B.jpg

Edited by New2brass - Jan 02 2024 at 8:45am
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2022 at 2:54pm
Was dachau-munchen not a concentration sub-camp??
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2022 at 4:43pm
Good pictures carbinekid, sure wish you also had a picture of the magazine's markings, although I do not doubt that it may have been a church marked mag.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Rebel92 Rebel92 wrote:

Was dachau-munchen not a concentration sub-camp??

Interesting question.  
There are two München sub-camps listed for Dachau. 
Schwester Pia's München-Schwabing  
and
Agfa-Commando at München-Giesing

According to the information on Wikopedia, the reformed post-war ERMA, ERMA-Werke, set up in Dachau around 1952. So the address does not seem to be related to the concentration camp or its atrocities.
(Nazi era ERMA had used forced labor at its facilities in Erfurt.)
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2022 at 5:47pm
I was curious if the camps had been “upgraded” post war and reused. I know that the mags couldn’t have been made using forced labor. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by carbinekid carbinekid wrote:

I saved these photos a year or two ago and meant to post them sooner. The mag sold on gunbroker. Evidently I didn’t save pictures of the mag itself, but I’m 99% certain it was the standard parkerized finish and church marked. If it had been something different I would have saved pictures of that too.

That auction started at $250. Eventually it came down on relists, but went for more than expected.

There were no pictures of the magazine. Even though the packaging was opened the seller did not want to pull it out to check to see if it was marked.

As it happens one of our members saw this exact magazine in the sellers shop, same story, he would not allow it to be pulled out to check the marking.

One of our members bought that magazine or it may have been another another in the same packaging. I asked they share the marking and construction features of that magazine. The pictures never came.

So this firmly remains in unknown until one shows up sealed in wrap and can be verified.

Also to add, it is believed that it is from Iserlohn in West Germany via the first page.
Isn't Munich in the south?

Edited by New2brass - Jul 02 2022 at 7:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12