FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mikesellshistory on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Car Wash Chris View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mikesellshistory on Ebay
    Posted: Apr 28 2017 at 5:32pm
his name should be mikesellsmisery
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 5:35pm
I agree, anytime I see orange or red backgrounds I generally move on. His high prices match his level of pettiness judging by his responses too. He also used to list fake barrel bands and flip sights as real, although I haven't noticed any lately. I remember someone over on the CMP site asked about him and I told him not to buy. About a week later the same guy said he bought something from him and left positive feedback;that's part of the problem right there.
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 4:06pm
I actually like how he lists his sales, with a redish/orange background. That way I can just bypass his sales as his prices are WAY too high for me. Looking at that stock in question it says LW which is Lumb Woodworking but not proably for IBM. An IBM would say LWB, LW is just a replacement stock. He should and I bet knows that going by his salesman like statement that is listed below. IMO, this LW replacement stock he has for sale may be worth about $100.

So read between his lines, he knows it is not a legit IBM stock. If this stock came off a IP would you call it an IP stock???

"Is this a replacement stock? From my point of view, it came off of a reputable IBM, and I consider it to be IBM. War time manufacturer's did not have programs in place to assure a state of happiness for everybody in the collecting community. Not every stock or gun part will be marked as you might like. Please make your own assessment.

"
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/stocks.html
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 3:07pm
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 2:12pm
Mikesellshistory added this blurb to his auction description and it is copied and pasted:

Is this a replacement stock? From my point of view, it came off of a reputable IBM, and I consider it to be IBM. War time manufacturer's did not have programs in place to assure a state of happiness for everybody in the collecting community. Not every stock or gun part will be marked as you might like. Please make your own assessment.

Here is the ebay auction:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182531796602

We all know its replacement wood in this community.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 10:43am
Anybody had any dealings with this seller on Ebay? He has a LW stamped IBM stock for $319. When I inquired about the stamp he gave me, "it was removed from an IBM carbine, so as far as he was concerned it was an IBM original stock." I replied for it to be an IBM stock, it should be stamped LW-B. He then said well they all can't be stamped or cartouched the way we'd like. They were weapons of war. I asked that he alter his wording on the auction. I doubt he will, if he does, I'll post it here. He looks like a big dealer in M1 & M1 carbine parts.
I say buyer beware.
 Post Reply Post Reply