The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from MA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from MA
    Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 5:37pm
Hello All,

I'm new to the Carbine Collector's Club, but have been active on CMP Forums for a couple years now. I'm 72 and live in South East Massachusetts. I did a Vietnam tour with the Army in '69, and then, didn't pick up a firearm until about twenty years ago when I inherited old hunting rifles from my grandfather. A couple years back, I bought a "luck of the draw" SG Garand from CMP and quickly became infected with this collecting addiction we all suffer from. To date, I have two Garands, an 03A3, and two M1 Carbines...a Bavarian Saginaw S'G' Mixmaster and a correct early 2nd run M1A1. (Also have an early Colt SP1...about as close as you can get to what was issued by Uncle Sam in the late '60's.) I shoot all my rifles regularly. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and participating with this group.
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 6:08pm
Welcome.  A lot of good info here. 

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 9:14pm
Welcome. If you haven't already a great place to starting any future addiction to carbines is here:

The U.S. Carbine Caliber .30 Website

Have been meaning to get a Garand, preferably a Win 13. Any Winch would do though based on the Win 13 prices I've seen at shows.
Impala12 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 7:09pm
Greetings from Western Mass. I am a long time fan of the M1 Carbine. Look forward to learning more from fellow members.
 Post Reply Post Reply