The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello. New member from MA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capecop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello. New member from MA
    Posted: Dec 08 2016 at 9:49pm
Hello everyone. I am police officer here in the Commonwealth, going on my 12 year on the job. I am SWAT team member and sniper. Up to this point I've only been around more modern firearms. I love AR's and have assembled several of them.

I've always wanted a M1 carbine but it wasn't ever at the top of the list. So just a few days ago, I walked into a local LGS and something on consignment caught my eye. It is a Inland rebuild with Inland barrel and receiver. It was love at first fondle! Love this thing.

This site is awesome and I've been researching the hell about this gun. I can't wait to bring this gun home and take it apart to see what's under the hood. This gun certainly got me hooked and I'm excited to learn all about these historic firearms. Happy to be here.

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2016 at 9:54pm
Welcome to the addiction, hope your EAP covers this 😉

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2016 at 10:08pm
Welcome!  Take it to the range......
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 8:41am
Welcome to the club. You'll find it very additive.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Capecop View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capecop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 9:23am
Thanks guys. I'm already hooked and I haven't even bought it yet. Not sure if this particular one Ive been ogling over is worth it now though.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2016 at 8:32am
You're on the right track.  Learn about it, then buy.  Even still, the beauty of a good mixmaster (a mix of parts, not original as left the factory) is it's cheap and should run in the 6-800 range.  Buying something on the cheap, taking it apart and learning about what's inside is a great place to start.  Would hate to see a new collector buy something that looks fantastic from say Gunbroker but turns out to be made of fake parts.

If you have any questions about something your looking at, PM those in this thread and we can help.  There are others here to help as well.  Good luck!
SeoulFood View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeoulFood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2016 at 10:56pm
Welcome to the forums! Carbines are an addiction and sometimes it's like gambling- rarely will you know exactly what you're buying until you take it home and take it apart!
Good luck on your first purchase. When you buy one, make a post about it and please, don't be cruel, ADD PICTURES! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply