Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show Tulsa Nov 12-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show Tulsa Nov 12-13
    Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 12:53pm
I went to Wanenmacher’s Tulsa Arms Show Tulsa Nov 12-13. This is the largest gun show in the world with over 4200 tables. It was my first time and I was told you have to work hard to see it all in two days. I managed to cover the whole show in a day and a half, but I was only interested in M1 carbines and they are fairly easy to spot, so I moved right along. I saw very few carbines I was interested in for less than $2000, but I managed to pick up a very nice 6.5 million Winchester which I think was a good buy at $1300. And I had a good time comparing notes with some new friends who like the small rifles. There was an interesting “IP” marked stock and I came away with some pictures for future reference. As a side note, many of the ammo dealers had overstocked in anticipation of Hillary winning the election on the previous Tuesday. No doubt most of them went home with more of their wares than they expected.

Pics of my 6.5 million Winchester are posted in "Carbines of the Collectors".

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 4:13pm
Thanks for the report.  Hoping to attend some day.  Doesn't take carbine collectors long to go through large shows.  Just look for wood.  The best way to go to a show is with other collectors or find some after you arrive.  A chance to teach and a chance to learn.

re: IP marks......Wink
Car Wash Chris View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 12:07pm
I'm going to go someday, a day and a half of gun shopping is like a whole week at the beach.

Thanks for the report, looks like I better start saving now.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 3:01pm
A few of have talked about it, but Tulsa would be a great half way point for multiple people to meet.  Wonder what the carbine sellers would think if a bunch of us showed up?
Car Wash Chris View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 3:22pm
There was a 3,2 IP for sale there last year and I never found out the whole scoop on it. Its bugged me ever since.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 4:42pm
Ah, regret, I know it well carbine wise. 

Do you know that someone bought it?  Would be a nice one to see.  What do you remember about it?

Imagine a group of us looking at, evaluating and eventually having to decide who gets to purchase what we deem as worthy. lol.
Robert Collins View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2021 at 1:31pm
I picked up a correct early Inland in the three thousand serial number range at the Wanenmacher show. Believe it is going to be a bring back.  Stock and handguard are the real keepers with nice finish strong cartouches and no abuse.  The metal had been exposed to moisture and less than gentle cleaning.  Text book correct, parts, markings and matching.  Just an overall nice example of an early issue carbine that was there.  Certainly not collector top grade condition.
The Tulsa show has always been a good show for carbines and unusual items associated with carbines.  Several years back purchased some WWII sealed ammunition packaged in 1/2 grenade canisters that had been packaged to drop behind enemy lines in WWII for the use of resistance fighters.  Sent pictures to Ruth and he mentions it in his volume III.  Good show for carbine collectors.
Bob Collins
 Post Reply Post Reply