FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Underwood Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Underwood Question
    Posted: Oct 22 2016 at 11:55am
Thanks for the info Why. Sometimes, when I hold it a certain way...I can almost visualize a 2 between the 1 and the 43. I've wanted to say that it was a 12 and not a 1. It could be a 2 in there, but I don't think so. Can you tell anything by the serial number....2588024?

So...now I have me some IBM parts in there also...LOL. Doesn't matter to me what's in there, because it runs like a Swiss watch, analog or digital and it is way more accurate than I'd ever hoped.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2016 at 9:29am
The B-EB trigger housing was an IBM part made at their Endicott, New York facility. Also, there are variations of that marking that are seen from time to time so don't worry if other markings are seen of the same IBM housing.

Finally, are you sure of the barrel date on your 2.58 Underwood? I can imagine seeing a 11-43 barrel on a 2.58 Underwood, but a 1-43 could be too early.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2016 at 9:12am
The weapon in question is an Underwood SN 2588XXX with an Underwood stamped barrel dated 1-43. It's been thru the arsenal at least once...I'm sure. I have these markings on the front left-side of the trigger housing, which has a brazed guard and is a type IV.

B-EB The dash could be a horizontal 1? I don't find this stamp in any of the searches I've performed.

The gun has ROCK-OLA, Winchester, Saganaw (SG) and Underwood parts which I have identified.

Thanks in advance for any information.
 Post Reply Post Reply