Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Carbine collection so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Carbine collection so far
    Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 7:24am
Here is a picture of my M1Carbine collection.

These three I have picked up some days after I have made the first picture. On top it is an IBM that was serving with the Italians (FAT 76 on the stock). The one in the middle is an Inland (Ser# 527xxxx) and the last one is a beautiful Postal Meter (Ser# 425xxxx).

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 8:01am
Your collection pic looks similar to mine at one point. That IS a nice looking NPM.
How many are Inland? Smile
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 8:15am
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

Your collection pic looks similar to mine at one point. That IS a nice looking NPM.
How many are Inland? Smile

Thank you!

2 Inland (one is a M2)
2 IBM
5 Postal Meter (one made by Union Switch&Signal)
2 Quality Hardware
1 Rock-Ola
2 Saginaw 
2 Standard Product
1 Underwood
3 Winchester

1 Rock-Ola and 1 Inland already reserved and awaiting the registration
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 10:35am
Very nice collection, neatly displayed too.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 11:18am
Very good mix and heavier on the desirable makes. I wasn't very discriminating about that time. Turned around a yr later and had too many identical Inlands. Saginaw S.G. was the last one of the major manufacturers that I acquired.
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 12:14pm

Very good mix and heavier on the desirable makes. I wasn't very discriminating about that time. Turned around a yr later and had too many identical Inlands. Saginaw S.G. was the last one of the major manufacturers that I acquired.

I am trying to find carbines of the different manufacturing batches, not always successfull though 
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 1:02pm
Great collection and thanks for sharing. The M2, is it full-auto and are you required to have special permits for ownership there?
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by gene of oregon gene of oregon wrote:

Great collection and thanks for sharing. The M2, is it full-auto and are you required to have special permits for ownership there?

The M2 Inland is not full auto anymore, but the Standard Products in the repro folding stock is!
I do have some full-autos like an M16A1 and a VZ58 and of course this one Smile

welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2016 at 8:55pm
that is cruel and inhumane to show pics of, I thought europeans were past that
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2016 at 9:07pm
Left side, third one from the bottom appears to be a high wood I cut stock. Wondering the manufacturer. Tia.
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Left side, third one from the bottom appears to be a high wood I cut stock. Wondering the manufacturer. Tia.

Well spotted Clap
It is a Winchester with a spring tube receiver.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 6:44pm
Gotta love a Winch especially an I cut. Type 1 band, looks like a bull nose handguard.
Cracking open a Winch and looking at the markings inside the stock is always a treat. Never know what you are gonna find. What's the barrel and date? Is it a Bavarian?
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2016 at 1:40am
No Bavarian and also no date.
Here are some pictures of the barrel and markings

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2016 at 8:43pm
More great pics. Nice recess at the bottom of the I cut. Is there a Circle P on the wrist bottom?   Barrel bomb on the gas cyclinder?
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2016 at 1:24am
Have to check, the pictures that I have made so far don't show these details.
I will report this weekend.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2016 at 10:09pm
No hurry, much appreciated the sharing of your pics. It's interesting seeing an entire collection and the variation of stock color/finish. Gotta drive one or two hundred miles to the middle of nowhere to find something nice in these parts.
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2016 at 11:38am
Me again Smile

No circled P on the grip of the stock. I have checked from every angle but could not find anything.

But found this for you

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2016 at 1:09pm
I believe this gun too late for a circle P so your good.
SeoulFood View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeoulFood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2016 at 6:33pm
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
weimar_police View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weimar_police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2016 at 7:32pm
How hard is it to pick up carbines in Luxembourg? I was stationed in the Netherlands for 7 yrs and once supported a 2 week long army mission in the CEC site that used to be there (1990's) While there, I did not get into collecting until after I left the army.

Ed

Originally posted by aschaefer aschaefer wrote:

I am trying to find carbines of the different manufacturing batches, not always successfull though 
Edward Tinker
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I / Vol II and Vol III
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>