Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SA group with B/R hammer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SA group with B/R hammer
    Posted: Mar 08 2016 at 9:18am

I have a carbine which I am guessing went through the Springfield Armory as it has the SA/SHM cartouche. The trigger housing is SA with what I am guessing is a SA sear as shown on the parts pages. Trigger is SA. Hammer is B/R in circle

Is the B/R hammer correct for a SA rebuild or is there one that the Springfield Armory made and if so how would it be marked?

TIA,
Guy

RONKIRK View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONKIRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2016 at 3:07pm
tia,I am looking for s.a. parts. I have a few of s.a. barrels & recievers & am trying to put together complete s.a.'s. would you be interested in trading or selling any of the s,a, parts ? ron kirk
KIRK
GoldenGuy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by RONKIRK RONKIRK wrote:

tia,I am looking for s.a. parts. I have a few of s.a. barrels & recievers & am trying to put together complete s.a.'s. would you be interested in trading or selling any of the s,a, parts ? ron kirk

Kirk, so you are familiar with the SA parts then? Is the BR in circle from Springfield or would it be marked SA?

I did find a reference that says the hammer is actually a Rockola

Any information appreciated.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2016 at 5:51pm
BR (Brunner Ritter) marked hammers are wartime replacement hammers. However, since some of the carbine reference books still insist they are for Rock-ola, the myth among collectors new and old still continues. BTW, I have seen some sellers ask close to 100 dollars for BR marked hammers when again they are not hammers made for Rock-ola.

OP,your carbine definitely sounds like a rebuilt one. I am sure it will make a fine shooting carbine.
RONKIRK View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONKIRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2016 at 12:13am
HELLO TIA. I AM NOT THAT UP ON S.A. PARTS BUT I HAVE DONE A LITTLE RESARCH & FOUND THAT S.A. DIDN'T PRODUCE MANY PARTS FOR THE CARBINE DURING THE WAR BECAUSE THEY WERE BUSY  MAKEING PARTS & GUNS LIKE THE  BROWNING A-4 AND THE M-1 GARAND,HOWEVER THEY DID MAKE A LOT OF REPLACEMENT PARTS LIKE THE BARRELS I HAVE WHICH ARE MARKED S.A.-10/51&52. I NEED TWO S.A. TRIGGERS,THREE HAMMERS, THREE SEARS,THREE SLIDES TO COMPLETE THREE GUNS.SORRY I CANT HELP YOU WITH THE B/R HAMMER (I ALSO HAVE ONE). YOU MIGHT CHECK THE MEMBER LIST & CONTACT MARTY BLACK OR CHRIS ALBRIGHT AS THEY ARE PRETTY SHARP ON MATTERS WITH THE .30-CARBINE........RON KIRK
KIRK
GoldenGuy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 12:34am
Ok guys thanks for the help. I had a few good PMs. Sill do not know if there is a such thing as a Springfield marked trigger.

Yes is certainly a rebuild, with a mix of parts. I am contemplating doing what Ronkirk is doing by collecting as many SA parts. Though I will keep my USGI receiver. From what I understand the Springfield receivers are commercial made with nothing to do with the war time arsenal.

Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 8:07am
The S-A marked triggers are for Standard Products. I believe there were some that were just had a SA on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply