Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Newsworthy Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unusual Markings on Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2018 at 7:30pm
Tenoc , Interesting ??? And to the OP, I have a Kart marked IP receiver that has a Underwood import marked barrel, I will check and get back if there are any markings/numbers at the tip.
Dave Tennent View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Tennent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2018 at 1:43pm
IBM 3948459 Birch Stock
Dave
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

How common is this?

I am guessing at least a 1000 of them!

I believe this is from a newsletter but cannot locate issue number.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2018 at 10:27pm
Underside of butt plate on SCB stocks

Also noticed BR-B stocks have 3 holes underneath the butt plate, but no numbers like SCB

Edited by m1a1fan - May 17 2020 at 4:35pm
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2018 at 9:05am
This B.L.C. stamp is on the barrel of my Inland 744,107. In 2008, this stamping was the subject of a Spotters Report published in CCNL 350, and was authenticated by Ron Wellman, a Technical Editor for the club at the time. I heard years ago that the club had knowledge on one other barrel with this stamp.

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
Winter1943 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winter1943 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2019 at 11:04pm
Only one report of SI on the band? Well butter my biscuits and make that two reports because I have SI stamped on my band. 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2019 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Winter1943 Winter1943 wrote:

Only one report of SI on the band?

Is yours double marked with the two different styles of SI like the one in the original post?
"Both the earlier individually-stamped S and I and the combined SI stamp can be found, but this is the first report of both stamps on the same band."
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2020 at 12:09pm
Marcus Rust reports another double stamped S I over  SI found on an online auction site.
I have observed a few double stamped since this was published
Interesting is that the S looks upside down in all cases.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2020 at 4:36pm
Multiple stamps on an IBM Receiver Ring

SSNPingjockey View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 4:28pm
 Don’t know if this is unusual to anyone else, but is unusual to me.

Not sure if this was a Rock-ola to UEF or a UEF to Rock-ola.

It looks legit to me.  Anyone else seen same or similar?

Chad
USN Retired
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 4:29pm
Chad
USN Retired
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 4:34pm
yup!
This was reported in the newsletters.

If your looking to move or trade I am your huckleberry 
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 4:42pm
Dan,

I just picked it up...but I think you will be my first stop on anything unusual UEF-wise if I ever move it along.
Chad
USN Retired
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 7:35pm
I found an extractor which had a similar small overstamp. Turns out that is correct for a very early Rockola spring tube and I quoted a guy a price of $85 for it about 7 years ago. The buyer was very happy to get it. Very rare in the case of the extractor.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 7:41pm
Interesting....so you think probably UEF to Rock-ola, then?
Chad
USN Retired
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

I found an extractor which had a similar small overstamp. Turns out that is correct for a very early Rockola spring tube and I quoted a guy a price of $85 for it about 7 years ago. The buyer was very happy to get it. Very rare in the case of the extractor.

Interesting indeed, how did you establish it belongs on a springtube Rock-ola?

Ping, , yup! It an Underwood  transfer to Rock-ola
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 11:51pm
I purely took his word for it and assumed it was so early of a transfer that it was limited to the earliest. So, there is room for error in that assumption. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 12:07am
checking COMs there were several springtube RO carbines, all reported as having an R sear.

Authorization for a transfer of sears from Underwood to Rock-Ola was approved in September 1943.
Then again that is the only know transfer of sears between the two
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 8:28am
This type 1 barrel band has mark similar to the C on the barrel the barrel tip of Underwood barrel in first post.  
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 8:30am
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

checking COMs there were several springtube RO carbines, all reported as having an R sear.

Authorization for a transfer of sears from Underwood to Rock-Ola was approved in September 1943.
Then again that is the only know transfer of sears between the two

On the extractor portion of the discussion, it wasn't an Underwood piece, but I never bothered to check WB until now for transfer info. It's not listed as a transfer. So the info must be on a COM layout, a newsletter or just between knowing collectors.

The sear isn't an early transfer, and I see it's listed in WB.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>