Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IBM .30M1 sn 3675209

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 4:37pm
Thanks for you all wishing me luck, it worked!
This year I finished 1st place in the .30m1 club match. It was a tough fight with the guy on 2nd place (that beat me last year in the last match with only 1 point). Last year I really trained hard, started reloading for the .30 carbine and also went a lot to the gym (bloodpressure was too high, doctor told me to lose some weight). That all payed itself off and I'm really proud that I beat the guy in 2nd place by a fair amount of points.

Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 5:59pm
Congratulations!  In addition to 1st Place overall it looks like you were top score in every round.   Makes me proud to "know" somebody that can shoot that good.   Most excellent!
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 8:53pm
Congratulations. Very good shooting.
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 8:59pm
Patrick,

You put a lot of effort into it, and it has paid off. Congratulations!

Looks like you have a pretty good league of shooters. Very good to see that occurring in Europe.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2018 at 9:22am
Very Nice, Congratulations!
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 5:09am
Thanks guys. Yeah, it took some time to promote it but the popularity of the .30m1 is increasing. Also lots of respect to our new female shooter Lieke that finished 6th but she improves every month.
There is also a new shooter that is member of the club now for 1 year, and according to the Dutch strict weapons laws he can now also shoot all other stuff than the .22lr.
I trained him well and he finished 2nd in the .22lr small calibre pistol match this year and it was for the 1st time that a new novice shooter finished in the top 3 ever.
I already let him shoot my carbine and he is very anxious to start with our 3 club carbines (Inlands) he is allowed to shoot now (but not posess). He is now 1 year member of the club and can now apply for his 1st .22lr gun, either a pistol or a bolt-action rifle. Then, after 1 year more, he is allowed a semi auto. The laws are strict here and most of these rules came because of shooting incidents with illegal weapons. We keep our fingers crossed over here because every year we get something new. Now the new idea is, that every shooter must answer psychological questions on a website every year, and according to your answers you will have your permit prolonged or revoked.........strange country we live in, where illegal weapons swarm our country from the East of Europe while the licenced shooters with licensed weapons that do everything by the book and law get stricter rules every year. What is also annoying, is the max. of 5 weapons over here. We are very jealous of the rules you have in your country.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 5:29am
It's great to hear how the popularity is growing and your involvement to mentor the new and young members. This is really interesting about your gun laws.  We are very fortunate in the US to not have as stringent restrictions.  It is worrying to think that only criminals will have guns.  
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 5:07am
Yesterday the guys at the club had a new idea, instead of the standard tuesday evening "service pistol" match we did the "service carbine" match with .30m1's.......The people that use prvi factory ammo complained a bit that it is too costly for them (a box of 50 prvi rounds costs about 22 euro's) so I think it will be a 1 time only, but it was a lot of fun.
Speed shooting is not my thing, I was on the other range shooting a 191 score (damn, 2 8ths and some 9's) with my trusty I.B.M.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 2:48am
Shot a pretty nice score kneeled yesterday evening, unfortunately the standing position gave a flyer to an 8 and a few 9's......so that's why the total was only 193/200. But on a good day I will have the 200 in my grasp......training, training, more training.......And it is fun to shoot the carbine, let that be the most important! The load of 13.3grs N110 behind a 110grs FMJ seems to be ok for my barrel though....I'm still astonished what such an old little carbine can do.....

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 6:08am
Outstanding!  Just wondering what distance are you shooting?
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 6:24am
This is quite close, only 25m. But our range is, unfortunately, not longer. There was a part available in the hall above our cellar-range that was -almost- 50m...........but incl. the bullet trap and the shooting stands it would only be 40m whereas official matches are held at 25-50-100m.

I would love to shoot at larger distances, but those ranges are very scarce in Holland and when you find them, they are overcrowded. I'm already on a waiting list for 1 year to apply for a range like that.

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 12:13pm
That's a great grouping.  Thanks for the info.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 6:41am
Yess... 2018 competition also in the pocket! Victory is sweet. On the 20th the prizes will be handed out during our new years reception.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 8:34am
Outstanding shooting Patrick!  Congratulations on your overall victory. Smile

Semper Fi, Bruce
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 9:15am
Patric,
If you have a new barrel installed, be sure to have a type 111 barrel band installed as well. They are known to improve accuracy.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 9:21am
Congratulations, 2 years in a row now, very nice. Keep up the great shooting.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 3:47pm
Great shooting! Congratulations again.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 8:20pm
Once again, great shooting. Congrats!
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2019 at 9:49am
Thanks, my .30M1 has a barrel without markings, so I suppose it was already refitted. But I cannot find what company did it. I now that the AI (Artillerie Inrichtingen) refitted many barrels of Dutch .30M1's but when I see those barrels they have clear markings that AI did it. So I suppose the job on my .30M1 was done by a armourer.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 8:42am
Yes! Yesterday evening I succeeded in shooting 20x 10 = 200 for the 1st time with this I.B.M. carbine!
10 shots standing and 10 shots kneeled at 25 meters.
I'm currently standing 2nd in ranking, just 10 points below nr. 1....maybe I can still catch up this year....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>