Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NPM Trigger Trident w/ N

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NPM Trigger Trident w/ N
    Posted: Jan 09 2016 at 11:43am
I posted this on Milsurps and probably a lot of y'all read it already, but I want to share this question here. I hope for some help. I would like to know so if someone I know is restoring or needs one I can give them one. Thank You.

"I know this Owner/Collector of M1 Carbines here that is retiring and ask me if I would be interested in any parts. Well of course I was. 2 of the several parts I bought were Triggers with a Trident and the letter N. I knew it was used by NPM by the books I have. What I didn't get from the books was are these early Triggers or Rebuild Triggers (late). I seen and heard both. There is the Trident then a dot then the N and another dot in the center not on the bottom of the letters like most are. My NPM has a SN marked Trigger. Would any other persons who have or had a NPM or anybody with knowledge of this would Please share some information about this. I bought several other parts that I've been looking for quite awhile with no luck and can't believe this guy had a few all this time. TIA."

Frank

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2016 at 1:47pm
From War Baby
They were made by Neptune Meter Co. Long Island City NY

They also were made for Underwood.

The NPM manufactures newsletter from 1987 states that no trident N were found on original NPM carbines to date.
Hopefully someone with better knowledge can as to if used will chime in.

Here is one for Underwood

imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2016 at 2:01pm
I didn't buy them for my NPM. I bought them cause I seen in Riesch's Book and Harrison that NPM had used them, and one said that they were used in Rebuilds, but my came with a SN marked one. I just by parts and have 100's of them and didn't have these in my Collection. I bought 4 Original Flip Sight for 200.00 but not one for was a NPM. I attached the picture from Newmarketarm in the email i sent you cause that's the only place I've seen them on. Did you get my Photobucket ? It came with the CMP Certificate and Booklet and Data Sheet. This in one of my Favorite M1 Carbines in my Collection. Thanks for your Help.

Frank
Frank

Post Reply Post Reply