The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FNG from Cincinnati

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FNG from Cincinnati
    Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 12:42am
Evening gents, Carbine owner from wayback looking for a place to talk about them.

Currently own 3, CMP Inland I bought 2008, Blue Sky marked Inland that's going to Fulton Armory for a new barrel and a tune up and a Fulton Armory new production that Santa bought me for Xmas  Big smile (and I ain't had a chance to shoot, work and weather are killing me Cry

The Inlands, CMP is on the top.

The new FA ( I hate winter and 6 days a week working Cry )

I've also owned a couple other commercial carbines and another Blue Sky in the past......you know how guns are, they get traded sometimes (and in the case of a Auto Ordnance M-1 Carbine I bought in 2008 dumped because it as a POS)  
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 4:47am
Welcome to the forum.  Yeah, the weather isn't too conducive for shooting right now.  Nice carbines.  Santa was good to ya.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 8:37am
Good looking carbines Don.  Welcome Aboard!

Semper Fi, Bruce
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 9:40am
Thanks guys. The Blue Sky goes out to FA next week for the rebarrel. After that I might have them tune up my CMP Inland then look around for another USGI stock for it.

The one CMP sent with it had a chip out of the handguard that bugged me, the stock on it now is aftermarket....we'll see
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.  Yeah, the weather isn't too conducive for shooting right now.  Nice carbines.  Santa was good to ya.

What's killing me is my normal outdoor range (Spring Valley in Ohio) is closed till the fall for remodeling. There is a indoor 100 yard range I can use but it's darker than hell past 50 yards and not heated....colder than I want
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 9:53am
Welcome to the forum, would love to know how that Fulton Armory carbine shoots, when you finally get to shoot it. I have heard nothing but good things about FA Carbines.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

What's killing me is my normal outdoor range (Spring Valley in Ohio) is closed till the fall for remodeling. There is a indoor 100 yard range I can use but it's darker than hell past 50 yards and not heated....colder than I want

My "range" is the local FOP range.  It is literally in an old cow field.  Lot's of mud.  Definitely not for days like this.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Welcome to the forum, would love to know how that Fulton Armory carbine shoots, when you finally get to shoot it. I have heard nothing but good things about FA Carbines.

I'll post a review when I do. The fit and finish are excellent, it's like having a new USGI Carbine issued to me LOL

FA did use some new USGI parts, the trigger group housing has a "BE-B" on it and the hammer is marked  "M.I" (I've been too lazy to take pictures and look up the markings). I do know the trigger group housing was so tight I needed a small rubber hammer to get it off when I field stripped it Smile

I got the chrome lined barrel upgrade on it, and will use the same barrel for the Blue Sky rebuild (which actually gauges the same as my CMP Inland, the import mark just bugs the hell out of me and it needs a new rear sight anyway)  
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

the import mark just bugs the hell out of me and it needs a new rear sight anyway)  

I used to think that way, now I just look at Import Marks as part of the Carbines history, especially if the barrel appears to be original.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 10:43am
Hmm, M.I. hammer. Disapprove I would like to see that.

Maybe it's H.I.?Geek

Welcome to the forums!
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 11:56am
Hi Don, and welcome to the Carbine Collectors Forum from New Mexico!

You have a nice stable of carbines. The Fulton is a good choice for a commercial carbine. Santa knows his carbines. When you replace the aftermarket stock on your Inland, hang on to the potbelly. It makes a great shooter stock. Is it a CMP stock? It looks like a birch SA.
JackP
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

Hi Don, and welcome to the Carbine Collectors Forum from New Mexico!

You have a nice stable of carbines. The Fulton is a good choice for a commercial carbine. Santa knows his carbines. When you replace the aftermarket stock on your Inland, hang on to the potbelly. It makes a great shooter stock. Is it a CMP stock? It looks like a birch SA.

I'm not sure who made the stock on the CMP, I got it from Numrich IIRR. I got the CMP stock here, used the metal on the new one and if I can find a decent replacement hand guard I'll put it back on down the road 
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Hmm, M.I. hammer. Disapprove I would like to see that.

Maybe it's H.I.?Geek

Welcome to the forums!

That might be it, I'll check over the weekend Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply