Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flip safety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flip safety
    Posted: Dec 07 2019 at 3:17pm
A while back I picked up a Winchester trigger group (complete), had been just sitting here so thought I would disassemble and clean, boy did it need it, full of crud, TG is very well used with mixed parts, a real nice M2 hammer with a 'U' and a stand up 'fork'. My question is on the flip safety, is stamped with a H.T., have not been able to locate who may have made it. Looking for an answer, Thanks
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2019 at 4:15pm
Sadly,that is one of the unanswered carbine questions we would like to find a definitive answer to.

painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2019 at 10:09pm
Dan,
I've messaged that seller with the in the wrap H.T. safeties multiple times asking about the wrap. Even offering to buy if it comes in the wrap. He always replies with a "yes". Nothing more nothing less. I'll look, I believe he is in Maryland. Safeties are packed 1 per sealed pack, with same late 63 dates shown in the links.

Charlie-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
rickplayer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2019 at 12:51am
I have a handful of those in the wrap safeties. Is there some info I can give?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by rickplayer rickplayer wrote:

I have a handful of those in the wrap safeties. Is there some info I can give?

If you, or anyone, have a H.T. safety that was obtained in the sealed packaging we would ask that you post a clear picture of the packaging and safety. 

then we would have to determine if different safeties were found in the packaging with the same nomenclature with initials or numbers to rule out repacks.

Ideally a package containing a H.T. flip safety with a vendor name or assigned number could be looked up to confirm.

I would ask that any info be posted in the linked post so all information is in one post.

Post Reply Post Reply