Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Shots Fired

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Shots Fired
    Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 7:17pm
I went over to my buddies land today and fired my M1 for the first time. I have to say we both were amazed at the accuracy and function of it. We probably put 150 rounds or so through it.  Hard to believe it was made in 1945.

I zeroed it in at 25 meters and was constantly on the steel targets at 100 & 125 all day when I set the rear sight on 200.  I believe we had more fun with the M1 than we did with our AR 10 and AR 15.

Of course now my buddy wants to pick up an M1 for himself, lol.  Sorry I didn't think about pics, was having too much fun.
Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 7:48pm
Sounds like a fun day at the range. Hitting steel at 125 meters is pretty good shooting!
lacrosse13bb View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacrosse13bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 8:27pm
That's great! What exactly type of ammo were you using?!
Retired 11B View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by lacrosse13bb lacrosse13bb wrote:

That's great! What exactly type of ammo were you using?!

I was Agulia 110 gr.
Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
Retired 11B View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired 11B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

Sounds like a fun day at the range. Hitting steel at 125 meters is pretty good shooting!

My buddy just got a batch of steel targets in and we set them up in the woods on his land.  I think he is going to order some hangers as well.  I'm going to help him by building some frames and a shooting bench.  A fair trade to me lol.
Larry
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
Mosesiii21 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mosesiii21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2021 at 12:04pm
i know what you mean.  I just got my carbine a few weeks ago.  I decided to bite the bullet and buy one for my collection while i still can.  I thoroughly enjoyed shooting it.  It is worth every penny.  My carbine is 1943 underwood and was rebuilt for Korea.  I reload for it so i should be able to plink quite a bit but i don't want to over do it.  It is more fun than my AR or long rifles.  
 Post Reply Post Reply