Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Rockola Barrel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake Rockola Barrel?
    Posted: May 09 2018 at 11:43am
I have a strong belief that the barrel on the left is an authentic wartime Rockola product.  I am considering the purchase of a Rockola with the barrel pictured on the right.  Can I get an expert opinion on the right barrel's wartime production authenticity?  The barrel is undated.  My eye was drawn to the letter K, which is shaped differently from the barrel on the left.  The barrel also appears to be refinished, which doesn't matter as much to me.  I don't want to pay authentic prices for a piece that has undeclared (or unknown) modern replacement parts.

Thanks!  I'm a rookie looking to make his first puchase.

Rustler1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 11:48am
On closer examination it appears that the right barrel's O, C, and K are all a bit "skinnier" than the letters on the left barrel.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2018 at 12:59pm
I believe what you may be seeing is "Skew" from angle of camera and crop/rotation of pictures.

See if you can get picture of gas housing and rockola mark on it. Also any ordnance bomb on the rear section of barrel

Welcome to the forums!
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 8:07pm
I have a Rock-Ola barrel on my Inland Ser# 3095486, has a Ord bomb stamped on left side just above the slide grove, (accually 2 bomb stamps but one is barely visible) also what looks like 3 punch marks under Rock-Ola on the gas-housing. Front sight is stamped on the front with T R, no other marks on sight. Barrel is stamped Rock-Ola, no date. 'P' is stamped about 6 1/2 inches from muzzle. CCNL pg 329-13 shows 'faked' barrels, am sure (I hope) mine is an org, 'fakers' have gotten real good at what they do, sorry, can't do pics.
Rustler1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 9:14pm
Thanks.  CCNL?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2018 at 9:56pm
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply