Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ecrimesa Raw Casting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrChefur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ecrimesa Raw Casting
    Posted: Jan 30 2019 at 4:36pm
Hello, I was recently reading the page on the federal ordnance carbines, I saw the part about attempting to locate a casting to learn more about it.
I have recently come into possession of an M1 Garand casting made by ecrimesa that is unfinished.
I'm starting a thread about this as I could not find contact info for the site admin anywhere. If this casting can be of any use, please contact me and I'd be glad to loan it.
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2019 at 7:28pm
Hi

I'm the fella that did the research on commercial carbines that included those with receivers and parts made by Ecrimesa. Used by National Ordnance, Federal Ordnance, and Israel Arms International (IAI).

My focus has been limited to the carbines though I pick up info here and there I share with those interested in the other weapons like the M1 Garand.

Federal Ordnance did build M1 Garands using cast receivers though I haven't looked into where they were made. IAI started to build M1 Garands with cast receivers but the info I have is they used Imbel in Brazil.

I spoke with several reps from Ecrimesa at the 2016 Shot Show in Las Vegas. They indicated they still had the dies and tooling for carbines as well as other U.S. rifles.

The Garand Collectors Association may be interested in good photos of your receiver. If you'd like a point of contact let me know.

Jim
MrChefur View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrChefur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2019 at 8:06pm
That's really cool that Ecrimesa still has the tooling.
Thank you for the info. I will get some pics up at the GCA.
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2019 at 8:37pm
Memory was jogged ....

The fella that started Ecrimesa died shortly before or after January 2016. I had been referred to his daughter just before it happened as she had an interest in the company history and was part of upper management.

I made contact with her by e-mail and she voiced an interest in helping but then her dad died and she ended up taking over the company. I let it go as Ecrimesa and it's subsidiaries are no small shop.

At some point not long prior they had a fire at Ecrimesa that destroyed a bunch of records. A common story but also true as at one point there were photos of the fire on the internet.

Over the past 10 years I'm been in contact with several police officers in Spain who indicated Ecrimesa was a well known and respected manufacturer used by many different firearms manufacturers in Europe.

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply