Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early Buffalo Arms Barrels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Buffalo Arms Barrels
    Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 9:53am

I'm replying to my original post which seems to have been corrupted somehow and unreadable. Hope this one goes through OK.

I have a QHMC carbine from the 1st serial number block, # 1,632,XXX.  I have reviewed CCNL 334 and all parts seem appropriate for this carbine.  It has an undated Buffalo Arms barrel with the sideways BA marking as shown. CCNL 84 describes the various ways Buffalo Arms marked their barrels and this BA is listed as "used on the earliest production barrels and has shown up on Saginaw Grand Rapids carbines".  I’d be very interested to know from the submitted Data Sheets what the earliest serial number of a QHMC is with this early BA marking?  I am in the process of submitting a data sheet on this carbine and wonder how many other BA barrels are out there.  Anyone else have one on an early QHMC to report? 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2019 at 5:26pm
CCNL 335 also mentions a BA barrel from when the club was at the CMP.

When you send in your data sheet include a note requesting the information and I am sure it will be followed up.
jim77cg View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2019 at 7:00pm
Thank you Dan.  Just read BA mention in CCNL# 335 as you suggested.  I'll do as you say and maybe I'll find out if any more are out there on early QHMC carbines.
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply