Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

disconnector block marking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: disconnector block marking
    Posted: Dec 11 2021 at 12:34am
Hello,
After consulting books by US. Kuhnhausen and Harrison. I have a disconnector block with the stamp C with and 1 or I in the middle of the C All I could find was Case, Conetta or after market. No confirmation. It seems such a complex part that someone would want credit for it. I wouldn't be so cockey just asking a question w/o me trying. I give up help. Thanks Harlan
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2021 at 10:00am
Harlan, Welcome to the forums. With carbine parts you will different items that have the same marking (example RI) were made by different companies.
You will find that the books you are looking at as well as some published ordnance recommended markings are incorrect with what was actually used.

Can you post a picture of the marking which may help determine what it is.  Please take pics of both sides so we can determine the type as well
harlan View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2021 at 10:56pm
Hello Dan It's all the BYTES allowed

ost a photo. 

Edited by New2brass - Dec 12 2021 at 9:23am
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2021 at 9:46am
Harlan, You have plenty of room for more pictures, it may have been the size of the photo that was too big. If so you would have to downsize.

As to your disconnector, the other side interacts with the trip lever.

on the left is the early style which rides over the trip lever. There was an issue disassembling and trip levers were being broken. The right is a later style that just had a shelf  that rode on top of the trip lever.

Is yours the like the left or the right?

We have seen the C with a numeral inside on a few parts. The most common are recoil plates. I have observed this marking as C1, C2, C6, all with the number in the C as you show.

With Korea there were a lot of parts needed, as well as beyond. Also other countries made and converted carbines.
We have also observed other markings which we know to not be WW2 production
It is unclear if these are USGI, commercial, or foreign made.

We know that some commercial companies made M2 carbines. To date we have not been able to determine how those M2 parts are marked.

The reason why I ask about the early or late style is that any USGI contract for US or foreign use would be the latest version.

Foreign and commercial made might have copied an early version, so that gives us a clue.

Best, Dan
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2021 at 5:13pm
it’s interesting that those C markings show up on Vietnam Colt M16s, particularly the parts that make up the fire control group. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by carbinekid carbinekid wrote:

it’s interesting that those C markings show up on Vietnam Colt M16s, particularly the parts that make up the fire control group. 

Well that may be a great lead!
Can you post some pictures of those markings on the Colt parts?
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2021 at 8:01pm
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/2217/0C3B597F-F3D1-4B0D-8D0C-33A3C414BFE0.jpg

Edited by New2brass - Feb 15 2024 at 9:25am
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2021 at 8:03pm
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/2217/C2339171-FBB2-4BEB-86DD-672BAD897FD8.jpg
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/2217/DD5FDB2C-F5A8-48BB-9E7B-7BEEE2E741EA.jpg

Edited by New2brass - Feb 15 2024 at 9:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply