Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did my first data sheet today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyLifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did my first data sheet today
    Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 5:50pm
Just as an exercise in getting to know my carbine, and doing my part for the club, I did my first data sheet today.  It took me about two hours, following the directions found on this website and by Google: https://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-TO-FILL-OUT-A-CARBINE-CLUB-DATA-SHEET-FOR-AN-M/

It also took me more time because I had to learn how to tear down the carbine!  All in all it was a great learning experience.

I don’t have a bolt disassembly tool so I didn’t get the extractor out. I was able to get everything else though. 

What I learned:
  • The extractor has a blued finish. Everything else on this rifle has that dark green/gray/black tint to it, with pretty equal wear on all parts that wear. 
  • The rear sight/dovetail has multiple punch/stake marks (3 each front and back). Either the sight was replaced or was put on wrong and had to be redone. You can’t really tell with the sight centered. https://imgur.com/a/xVeteix
Considering I knew nothing about carbines when I traded for this rifle, I don’t feel like I’ve done too bad.  I may have under traded or overpaid, but I’m keeping it for the long haul so I can live with that.  

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2020 at 10:50am
Very Good. That link for the indestructible in on the data sheet page. It was done by one of our members before we went online.

Another member created some youtube videos on carbine disassembly and assembly that can be found here.

I will add the video links to the data sheet download post
 Post Reply Post Reply