Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did Italy make slings for M1 Carbines?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Italy make slings for M1 Carbines?
    Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 10:58am
Hi All,
    I'm new here and this is my first post. My main hobby lately is replica airguns. I've made a series of M14's, BM-59's and a T20E1 Garand using the Daisy M14 receiver and barrel inletted into wood stocks. My most recent project was a Springfield Armory M1 Carbine Co2 gun that I installed into an Italian wood stock and handguard. This led me to search for info on the use of the M1 Carbine by Italy but so far I haven't found much. Can anyone point me to a website or book that would be more informative.
    Also did Italy produce their own slings for the Carbine? It would be neat to find an Italian marked sling to replace the repro that's installed now.
Thank you,
Gene

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 11:52am
Gene, Welcome to the forum, interesting hobby. Not 100% sure but I do not believe that Italy made their own carbine slings, they did however make their own M4 bayonets for the carbine.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 12:35pm
1989LX View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989LX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 12:40pm
I have seen slings on eBay that were purported to be Italian. They basically looked like a khaki version of a known Dutch sling, that being the sling with the square tips held on by two open rivets. I attached a photo below. In the meantime though, if I were you, I'd just run a 1960s dated D tip sling until further is found out.

Unrelated: What do you think of the springfield C02 carbine? I've thought about buying one for the hell of it and because I can actually plink in the woods with it (the joys of living in suburbia!) with it.

Something like this in Khaki.
USGI magazines are like potato chips, you can't have just one!
ggatti View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 1:49pm
    When I first opened the box I was a bit disappointed with the plastic stock but after inletting it into the wood stock I am really happy with it. I don't have a real M1 Carbine to compare it to but apparently Springfield (it's actually made by Air Venturi) got all the dimensions right. The barrel band fit over the nose of the stock perfectly and my Italian M4 snaps right onto the lug. I haven't fired it yet but from the reviews I've read it's pretty average. I'm more of a builder and collector than a shooter.
     That "Italian" sling on eBay does look similar to the Dutch version except the rivets are hollow.  I just sent a message to the seller asking what is marked on the snap. Otherwise I'll pick up a D-tip at the next gun show and put that on unless someone else knows of an Italian one.
Thanks,
Gene
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/germanyaccess.html

http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/austriaaccess.html

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2020 at 10:43am
try links now

Post Reply Post Reply