Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Data Sheet Questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Data Sheet Questions.
    Posted: Aug 25 2016 at 4:59pm
Almost done with my Data Sheet but have a couple questions.

1. How do you measure the barrel P height?  Is it the height/size of the letter or distance from the breech?  EDIT: going to put 1/16" for now let me know if I am wrong.

2. The length asked for in the Receiver section measures 23/32" or .71875" from the cut to the back on mine. I only have a plain ruler to measure with. Is that correct?

n/a 3. The diagram for staking of front and rear sights has me a bit confused. I assume the order is: No staking, 2 stake marks, 4 stake marks, but what does the last selection with the double circle mean? Can someone explain each symbol and how they relate to front and rear staking check boxes?  Edit: Nevermind, finally realized I have the circular stakings on the side of the pins. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2016 at 9:27pm
Approximate best you can. It is size of P. Data sheet does not ask position. Newsletters address aproximate location based on timeline.

If something stands out some one will contact you.

Fun stuff, isnt it
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2016 at 9:43pm
Can always mark additional data on back box and write distance from P to muzzle there.
Sledge View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2016 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Approximate best you can. It is size of P. Data sheet does not ask position. Newsletters address aproximate location based on timeline.

If something stands out some one will contact you.

Fun stuff, isnt it

After thinking about it seems obvious they need size of the letter.  Also the staking is pretty obvious once I took a break for a cold one and came back lol.

I am so glad I left everything apart until I finished the data sheet.  I had to look at everything more than once and was glad I took a lot of up close pics to refer to while eyeballing it all again.

It was fun.  Took me a couple hours though.  
Sledge View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2016 at 12:56am
Hey spread the word that if you use the digitial PDF out there you can print to the Microsoft XPS Writer in your printer list and it will save it to your drive as a file.  Then you can reprint it any time you like.
 Post Reply Post Reply