The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Infrared Scopes and Equipment, Night Vision > Infrared Parts & Equipment For Sale or Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CODY FIREARMS MUSEUM Request: Early M2 Sniperscope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CODY FIREARMS MUSEUM Request: Early M2 Sniperscope
    Posted: Aug 13 2019 at 4:20pm
The Cody Firearms museum has two Winchester Model T3 carbines. One is a prototype the other is a production model. Both have T3 stocks. Both are on permanent display.

At the moment one of the T3 carbines has an M3 Sniperscope mounted on it with an M3 handgrip/light switch.

To accurately portray the history of the Winchester T3 carbines with T3 stocks "as issued" they are seeking an M2 Sniperscope set (1945 contract) with the T3 light assembly mount that attaches the light under the stock.

I realize this is a significant request and how rare these are. Please consider where it's going to and that it will be on a Winchester T3 carbine from the original Winchester Museum Collection. On permanent display in the Cody Firearms Museum.

This is a request for a donation, not an offer of money. The Cody Museum is a non-profit organization with all donations being tax deductible.

Please do not contact the museum directly. Please PM me. I can answer questions. I'll introduce you to the person at Cody I have been working with. (see note below)

If you are not familiar with The Cody Firearms Museum they are home to the Winchester Museum Historical Collection donated to them bt the owner of Winchester (Olin) when Winchester was purchased by their employees. To include the two Winchester prototypes submitted to the Ordnance Light Rifle trials with the second being adopted as the U.S. .30 cal. Carbine, Model M1. Along with many other experimental, prototypes, and production models.

I'm not the only one who considers the Cody Firearms Museum the best firearms museum in the U.S.A.

Thanks much

Jim

Note:
The Cody Firearms Museum personnel have been advised anyone contacting them that claims to represent The Carbine Collector's Club will be screened by us to prevent a re-occurrence of past events where the actions of one individual resulted in irreparable damage to further research by anyone. I've been acting as a point of contact should they have a need for historical carbine information. Many of the items donated so far have come from my personal collection with all credit to be given to The Carbine Collector's Club. An investment in the future for all to benefit from.
 Post Reply Post Reply