The Carbine Collectors Club
Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CMP QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhmfire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CMP QUESTION
    Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 1:57am
Does anyone know how to go about buying from the c.m.p. ? What would i need to do ?,How do i get proof of cmp afiliation 
sling00 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 6:45am
Welcome to the forum.  Go to CMPs sales page which has rifle sales and the estore links.  As for requirements here's a link:
Sounds like you may have been there already since you are looking into the proof of CMP affiliation. They have a searchable listing http://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=clubSearch

Your local FOP probably counts. Another simple one to join is the Garand Collectors Association.

Regards
New2brass View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Dan Pinto!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 12:32pm
The Carbine Collectors Club is a CMP affiliated organization.

We no longer charge dues, but ask that members be a part of the club by submitting spotters reports, data sheets, article submissions or just by being active on the forums.

With the possible release of the 1911s we are getting a sharp rise in people joining the forums. As in the past when anything became available with the CMP.

All the work done by the club is on a volunteer basis, no one makes a dime. The maintenance of the CMP affiliation Roster is a tremendous amount of work.

With that we would love for anyone that joins the forums enjoy them at their leisure and zero input from them is fine. However we are not going to add everyone to the list that just wants free access to the CMP. We ask that you do participate. Further it is on you, the member, to make sure your registration information is complete and accurate. The CMP requires a physical location and does not accept a PO Box for sales of firearms. This information is not displayed to members!

We can recommend our brother organization theGCA.org which collects dues as well as a few other avenues if someone needs a quick fix.

There will be more information on CMP information to follow in it's own thread once available.
soylentBlue View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soylentBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 4:22pm
If you like the Garand, the GCA Journal alone is worth the price of membership.  Quality paper, lots of pictures, detailed articles.
fhmfire1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhmfire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 5:42pm
Thank you the Garand is my and my 11 yro sons dream rifle.Of course he knows more than I do about them
fhmfire1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhmfire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2018 at 6:54am
So just curious how long do i have to wait till in can use my affiliation with the club and how do i put it on the order form 
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2018 at 2:44pm
Hopefully you weren’t looking at either a Winchester or IHC Garand as they sold out already. Ugh. My form is mailed already but obviously it’s scrap paper now. If it wasn’t so unnecessary involved trying to figure out the application and meeting all their requirements I might of got it in weeks ago.   Oh well learning experience I guess, just frustrated because when you search broker some guys are selling the ones they got from cmp for double or more 🤔. Amazing how they increase value instantly
fhmfire1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhmfire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2018 at 3:11pm
I'm only looking for a shooter ,dont really care about the value of it when I get one gonna shoot it i can't shoot anymore I just don't want to spend 1200 - 1400 for one camp listing field grade for 630 bucks
sling00 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2018 at 5:58pm
Try posting a WTB in the WANTED sub-forum.  Never know who might have one.  If not face to face, do you have a C&R or someone with a FFL to handle the transfer?  Something to think about.  Also, have you been watching the CMP Forum?  They have a lot more traffic than here.  You can watch for for a shooter which pops up every now and then in the $800 +/- range.  You can also post a WTB over there.  Be sure and look it over and ask all the questions you can.  Check the seller feedback on the individual as well.

That's probably more than you wanted to hear. 
Uncle Mike View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2018 at 9:47am
Hi, here's an article I wrote that has some information that may be of interest to you. It was written for a different audience and you may or may not agree with the conclusions.  If you want a first Garand I would order a Service grade. They are listed as $730. There are not a lot of choices at this time. It's winter and you have some time to get your paperwork in and prepare for the Spring shooting season. Feel free to contact me, regards, Mike

Post Reply Post Reply