Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CCCF's Signature Photo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCCF's Signature Photo
    Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 10:22am
I'm relatively new here and don't know the story about the Carbine photo from the Cody Firearms Museum...an early prototype perhaps? 
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 12:28pm
I didn't have a clue but there is a post in the Some Fun Stuff regarding the rifle in the banner.   Answer: Winchester Prototype #2 Adopted as the "Carbine Cal .30, M1"
BEBIII View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 3:02pm
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Wonder why they didn't incorporate the hand guard design into the final version...might have helped with barrel cooling.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

I didn't have a clue but there is a post in the Some Fun Stuff regarding the rifle in the banner.   Answer: Winchester Prototype #2 Adopted as the "Carbine Cal .30, M1"

Guess we will have to post the picture in that thread that was the banner at that time. *Edit* picture added to that thread. You can now compare the two!

The One on the banner now is not the Prototype #2 as adopted.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 5:07pm
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 5:25pm
I remember the banner changed but the last year is a blur so I couldn't remember if it was before or after the posted thread.  I did good to remember there was a thread about it. 

Thanks for the update.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2017 at 6:12pm
Think there was an xmas banner and a few changes to the header. Tough to remember. Kinda provided a cheat sheet but who knows what kind of future header pics the club has. I too wonder why the design changed so much from the prototypes but I am sure it is in the newsletters somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply