Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blued GI trigger housing? WTF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzh362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blued GI trigger housing? WTF?
    Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 12:21am
I picked this up on ebay since I wanted to build up a new trigger group for my shooter carbine (which currently has some nice trigger parts in it) this was the least expensive one I found, but the pictures were fairly poor. I decided to give it a go, and when it arrived in the mail, lo and behold it's blued! 

Marked S'G', and it looks like it was either partially or fully converted to M2 configuration at some point(s)

Anyhow, thought this oddity might pique someone's interest, and decided to share before I assemble it and put it in my gun (waiting on the hammer anyhow)

Here's the odd part, it looks like someone machined away part of the front for clearance:

But this cut for the selector spring appears to have been made PRIOR to (re)finishing:

Anyone ever come across anything like this?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 1:13am
It sure is pretty. Now you can build a Presentation Carbine and sell it on GB for 30k. LOL
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 9:53am
Many trigger housings have been converted for M2 use.

On the Bavarian/Austrian returns we see some blued and sometimes the TH would turn out a plum color. Most of those have markings on them.

check out the armory

Then there were a great many carbines that were sportsterized or customized. There are also chrome plated parts out there
bzh362 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzh362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

It sure is pretty. Now you can build a Presentation Carbine and sell it on GB for 30k. LOL

Lol, get me a shiny chrome bolt and bayonet, and sign me up for that! It is a really nice color and sheen. I actually really like it even though it's super odd and doesn't go with anything on the rifle.
 Post Reply Post Reply