The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Get Any Trigger Time This Labor Day Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Get Any Trigger Time This Labor Day Weekend
    Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 10:47am
I managed to get some pistol shooting in with a Beretta 92FS and Sig P229 (we won't get into that, man I sucked with those but it's only the 2nd time this year I've shot pistols, damn ammo crunch)

I did get a 100 rounds through my "Howachestor"

This is the one I was having some mag issues with a couple weeks ago. I figured better check it with one of my normal shooting mags

1st 50 rounds on the left 50 yards, all benched to test the mag. I also changed the front sight on this in the spring and needed to double check zero. The 1st 50 rounds it's hitting low when I center the red circle in the front sight, I try covering the whole of the red and that did the trick.

I might have to file it down a tad. I'm waiting on that though, I might rig my Ulitimk rail back on this and mount another red dot on it like I had last summer.

The good news, this thing ran like a scared jackrabbit Big smile

Anyone else get any trigger time on their Carbines

NavySCPO View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NavySCPO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 2:16pm
Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end, make for a bad day.

Nice Shooting!
Danny Fowler, NCCS, USN (Retired)
NRA Life Member

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of those who threaten it.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by NavySCPO NavySCPO wrote:

Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end, make for a bad day.

Nice Shooting!

Danke. I need to get that thing to the 100 yard lanes where I shoot and check zero there. Problem is they changed the target setup and you can't mount normal man sized targets anymore.

That and I'm getting lazy in my old age Big smile
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 5:09pm
Good shooting! I'm planning to put in some range time tomorrow with the Winchester and NPM.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

Good shooting! I'm planning to put in some range time tomorrow with the Winchester and NPM.

Post pictures, I like seeing how other guys shoot
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 8:41pm
Got to send a few downrange today! 100 rounds of PSD84 surplus. I brought along a late Winchester and an NPM. Well, I got going with the Winchester and was having fun, never did get the NPM out of the case... Maybe should have brought more ammo. The sticky targets were at 50 or so yards, and then I have some steel plates out at ~130 that are fun to plink at. All from the bench. I stuck a new target a couple times so here's a picture from the front and back. Beautiful day out but i'm looking forward to the leaves dropping in fall so there's better light where the targets are, it's all shaded in the summer.

DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

Got to send a few downrange today! 100 rounds of PSD84 surplus. I brought along a late Winchester and an NPM. Well, I got going with the Winchester and was having fun, never did get the NPM out of the case... Maybe should have brought more ammo. The sticky targets were at 50 or so yards, and then I have some steel plates out at ~130 that are fun to plink at. All from the bench. I stuck a new target a couple times so here's a picture from the front and back. Beautiful day out but i'm looking forward to the leaves dropping in fall so there's better light where the targets are, it's all shaded in the summer.

Nice shooting. I learned along time ago figure at least 100 rounds per Carbine when I shoot mine Big smile
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2021 at 4:21pm
Ok, got another weekend at the range (it'll be my last one for a few weeks Cry )

Another 100 rounds through the Howachester

50 per target 50 yards, last 15 each freehand sitting. Gun ran great, I even made the mistake of thinking how boring this one was.

I should have stuck with boring

My 1966 Plainfield. I wanted to check the KCI mag's I've been messing with

100 rounds 50 yards benched. 1st 30 rounds was ugly, 3 FTE's and the mag fell out once.

I changed mag's and used my "shooter" KCI/Fulton Armory marked mag the next 70 rounds testing it. No issues. The only thing I can think of is the tabs on the 1st mag weren't seating right. 

I did notice when I got home some play on the 1st mag in another Carbine I checked it on. I'll mark and test it another carbine next chance I get.

I also might need to change the mag catch spring on this. It is original and might be worn or weaker than it should be 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2021 at 8:44pm
20 rounds (Korean Surplus) today through one of my carbines at the 25 yard Carbine target that is pictured in TM 9-1276 page 53. From 25 yards.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Mortar-Forker View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortar-Forker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2021 at 10:38pm
Tested out some mags and surplus Korean ammo at 25 yards on the range at the back of the property. One round had a good primer strike and did not fire in the Plainfield. One failure to feed in both rifles with the 15 round magazines. Probably shot 50 rounds each.

DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2021 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

20 rounds (Korean Surplus) today through one of my carbines at the 25 yard Carbine target that is pictured in TM 9-1276 page 53. From 25 yards.

Nice group 
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Mortar-Forker Mortar-Forker wrote:

Tested out some mags and surplus Korean ammo at 25 yards on the range at the back of the property. One round had a good primer strike and did not fire in the Plainfield. One failure to feed in both rifles with the 15 round magazines. Probably shot 50 rounds each.

Nice looking Carbines. Good to see another Plainfield owner here Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply