Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another one parted out...Looking For CC Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2020 at 8:00pm
Update:
My first stock & handguard project; initially I was leary of taking it on but it's been a good learning experience. Going to continue with a few more coats of RLO over the next few weeks and hoping for some sun.
Mock up pictures added. Be gentle. 

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2020 at 8:01am
It's looking good!
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2020 at 8:23am
Are all of the original parts back together now or are you still lacking the last few mentioned? It's a journey I would have never, most likely, undertaken and you are to be commended for what you've accomplished.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Why Carbines? Why Carbines? wrote:

Are all of the original parts back together now or are you still lacking the last few mentioned? It's a journey I would have never, most likely, undertaken and you are to be commended for what you've accomplished.

Nope; the trigger, recoil plate & buttplate have not surfaced.
Thank you; I have no regrets taking the journey.
Certainly complete originals can be found with patience but something lit a fire. Maybe it's the notion or possibility Alfred brought it back or perhaps just bought it long ago and made the mods for his hunting purposes. Could have been the disgust I felt, realizing what had been parted out. 
Aside from the mods and now MIA pieces, there is no doubt in my mind at least; the carbine was/is as it left Plant No. 4 in the fall of 43.

This one appears to be a possible close cousin.

ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2020 at 6:35pm
Getting there; new pics added to album.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12