Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another one parted out...Looking For CC Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another one parted out...Looking For CC Help
    Posted: Feb 02 2020 at 11:35am
Hey all; looking for some help on some recent parts that were sold on a well known auction site by the seller, hampelguns . The parts were listed on or close to Jan. 25th and included the lot number #5521 in title.

The parts I am trying to track down are as follows.
  • Recoil plate and screw W-S'G'
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202887035555?ul_noapp=true
  • Front stamped sight and rear flip (Located & acquired)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274224083986?ul_noapp=true
  • Push safety (Located & acquired)
  • Butt plate IBM Pattern

The parts were removed from this.

The remaining parts that were removed by seller, I already have in my possession.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aegzQKVqQVUv1wCt6

As most can imagine, I would be very appreciative to anyone helping me return these parts to the carbine, from which they came.

Pictures of parts still MIA.

Edited by ncin1911 - Feb 08 2020 at 7:45pm
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2020 at 1:05pm
I can help you out on the push safety or at least one that's marked for IBM that I bought from them about a week and a half ago on a BIN. It's thinly finished and yours for what I paid for it including shipping.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2020 at 1:21pm
PM Sent

Originally posted by Why Carbines? Why Carbines? wrote:

I can help you out on the push safety or at least one that's marked for IBM that I bought from them about a week and a half ago on a BIN. It's thinly finished and yours for what I paid for it including shipping.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2020 at 7:27am
Thank you @ Why Carbines? Thumbs Up

Your memory was correct regarding seeing a J.U. stamped trigger the same day on sellers page and the lot/tracking number matches the other auction listings of the parted IBM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202887057135?ul_noapp=true

ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 2:18pm
Update:
Original sights have been located and currently working out trade with buyer.

Picked up the barreled receiver from my local FFL today. Pictures added to album below; have a look.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by ncin1911 ncin1911 wrote:

Picked up the barreled receiver from my local FFL today. Pictures added to album below; have a look.

Lookin pretty good there, ncin1911.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Lookin pretty good there, ncin1911.

Thanks Wayne.  I just added a few more pics that I missed moving to album.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 7:50pm
You're down to the sights and the trigger. Kinda impressive that you tracked that all down. 
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

You're down to the sights and the trigger. Kinda impressive that you tracked that all down. 

Trigger, buttplate & recoil plate are the pieces that still haven't surfaced.  Hopefull of working trade with buyer on sights.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 8:55pm
I would think the front sight is almost a throw away piece to anyone else with the ears cut, but I suppose there are instances for it. The rear, if I were in your position wanting to return it to the receiver, I'd be happy to make someone a good offer on it. Let's face it that you aren't doing this for the money.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

I would think the front sight is almost a throw away piece to anyone else with the ears cut, but I suppose there are instances for it. The rear, if I were in your position wanting to return it to the receiver, I'd be happy to make someone a good offer on it. Let's face it that you aren't doing this for the money.

On point as usual Ten.  My quest has nothing to do with money and everything to do with preservation and my love for these war baby's. 
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 7:53pm
Thank you @ GotSnlB28 Handshake
Original sights acquired.

Jt22453 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jt22453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 9:30pm
Nicely done. Wish more people would leave them alone but everyone can do as they please.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 10:02pm
Absolutely. It's a good lesson to not break up things.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2020 at 8:29am
Thank You to everyone for the encouragement and help with my quest.
Trying to keep all 3 threads going for visibility across forums, while the sell of these parts is still fresh in the ether. I apologize, for those of you that are getting blasted with my squeaky wheel gets the grease approach that participate in all three forums.

Down to locating the buyers of these last three remaining parts, in order to put this original carbine back like it was. Willing to stand tall within reason to get them back. $ or trade as I have done for the others already acquired.

Recoil plate and screw W-S'G'

Butt plate IBM Pattern

Trigger JU
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2020 at 3:39pm
Sights returned back to where they belong. 
IBM CC ghost found on stock & fillers removed.
Pics near bottom of album.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2020 at 3:44pm

Looks like the stock fillers came out cleanly, was it easy to get them out?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2020 at 4:12pm

Looks like the stock fillers came out cleanly, was it easy to get them out?

I had guidance from another member but yes, was not bad. Glue was very brittle and essentially the joint just cracked.

## Don't look any further, if you have a weak stomach.

The unfortunate ugly I found on the slingwell side. There was a piece of paint stick in there as well for a shim. Cry Why ALF Why....???

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2020 at 4:33pm
Well I guess it is what it is, put a sling on it to cover up the "ugly", oiler side looks good.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2020 at 4:36pm

Well I guess it is what it is, put a sling on it to cover up the "ugly", oiler side looks good.

Indeed; your reading my mind. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>