Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Barrel band question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoky 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Barrel band question.
    Posted: Nov 16 2022 at 8:35pm
I just picked up another Win. Carbine. I have 3 now with close SER.# I have a 5.7 and a 5.8. Bothe with typ 2 bands. The one I gust got is a 5.6 with a typ3 C band. Now here is the question.? On  the 5.6 I just got, The W and the circle W are further forward on the barrel than the 5.7 and 5.8 so with the typ 3 band both prof. can be seen. Non of the 3 win's have been through the rebuild I am sure. Any help.
  Thanks.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 7:29am
If the W and p&w in a circle are farther forward that the two WRA's with the type 2 bands then there's a pretty good chance the barrel was intended to have a type 3 band on it. I seem to remember a similarly described WRA on an auction site recently, but that might be coincedence.

BTW, you say a type 3 band with a C on it-where is the C located in relation to the swivel, above or below it?
Smoky 1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoky 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 8:20am
Well, That is  another thing. The C is just below the swivel and I know that the low C was replacement.
  I just got this one from a good friend (90yr old) I have know 25yrs or so.
  Thanks so much for the info. This is the to go place.
Smoky 1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoky 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 8:31am
Well, I just made a big mistake on the ser.# The 3 Wins. # are all 5.7. They are 5.76-5.77 and 5.78
  The 5.76 is the one with the typ.3 band.
Smoky 1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoky 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2022 at 4:18pm
Sorry, can't seem to up load picts. will try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply