Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6.6 Million Winchester

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6.6 Million Winchester
    Posted: Dec 14 2018 at 7:34pm
I had been looking for a nice 6.5 million Winchester for some time when I found and bought this 6.6.  Here are some pictures.

kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2018 at 7:45pm
Very nice. I have a 6602XXX in similar condition except it has a stamped adjustable H in shield rear sight. Is your stock a long channel?
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2018 at 8:01pm
Thank you.  Yes - long channel, bridge intact.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2018 at 9:35pm
Very nice looking carbine. Is there any marking on the side of the bolt lug?

For those who do not know: Notice the 'TRADEMARK" had been moved above the WINCHESTER marking. In the beginning, the trademark was below. When they were switching over to the adjustable sights they realized the name was obscured and changed the arrangement. 
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2018 at 10:16pm
There is a marking on the bolt lug.  Not sure what it is.
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2018 at 7:48pm
One of the nicest carbines I've seen! Wow is that one beautiful WRA.

The last pic on the sofa chair really shows that awesome gray finish that I'm learning late WRAs are really known for.

Grail gun in my world. Congrats brother:)
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2018 at 8:38pm
Awesome carbine!
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2019 at 1:50pm
That is just beautiful, when i bought my Winchester that is what I thought I was buying, a Winchester through and through, but then I was used to civilian guns and thought that's how it was with military guns as well. That was before I learned about the arsenal rebuild program and I found out mine was a mix-master, shock. What I hoped for was a Winchester with all the late upgrades, and there it is, but you have it, I am so jealous, but glad for you. I repeat, what a beautiful gun.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
 Post Reply Post Reply