The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Richmond RIR Gun Show (08/24-25/2019)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Richmond RIR Gun Show (08/24-25/2019)
    Posted: Aug 14 2019 at 7:30pm
The 2019 Hampton Gun Show will be replayed, this time in Richmond. Join myself and another club member at the Richmond Gun Show on August 24th-25th at the RIR. Our plan is to be there on the 24th. If interested, post a reply or PM. Hope to see you there! Cheers!

Edited by m1a1fan - Oct 13 2019 at 8:01am
Dave Tennent View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Tennent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2019 at 7:54pm
Count me and my new walking shoes "All in". Will you have a table?
Dave
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2019 at 8:11pm
Nothing yet. Haven't decided how to rock my rounds yet. I'll let it be a surprise...if I remember. Too bad it isn't colder. Much easier to rock them then.

Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2019 at 10:24pm
Sounds like a fun event. I miss Richmond. I lived in Salisbury on the south side back in the 90's. Great place!
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2019 at 8:40am
If health permits, I'll be there as well,
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2019 at 10:54am
@donnie - Yup, they probably have the best selection military wise without having to drive to dc.

@charles - hope to see you there!

Will probably bring a few things. I am open to requests, if I have it.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2019 at 8:05pm
I will be there around noon on the 24th.  I have a Marine Corps meeting from 9 to 11; I'll drive out to RIR after that.

Just keep us posted as to where you set up shop.  Looking forward to it!

Semper Fi, Bruce
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2019 at 10:05am
Sounds great. Hope to see you there. Would like to see the Rock.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2019 at 3:02pm
OK, I'll bring it and the Inland.  The Inland could be sold for the right price. Wink

Semper Fi, Bruce
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2019 at 12:43am
Looking forward to it, though I can't keep a shooter to save my life.

We'll have some nice stuff to review and hopefully take apart. Never know what might be for sale. As always, getting ahead of myself, Learn first, buy later.

Haven't been to RIR in a while. Hope Gus is there.

gibby65 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibby65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2019 at 9:22pm
Greetings All,
New to the group, and it would be nice to meet some other carbine fans in the Richmond area. I plan to be there on Sunday.  Anywhere special to look for club members in the venue? I haven't been to a gun show there this year. Didn't even own a carbine last year. Hope to see some folks there!

Thanks,

Steve
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2019 at 7:16am
Steve, welcome to the club! The plan is to be there on Saturday. Hope you can make it. If not, perhaps the next show in Hampton or Richmond?

The most members we’ve had a show so far is three. Hoping to beat that on Saturday.

The chances of getting a table are going up.....

For anyone who is going or would like to meet us at a future show, shoot us a PM for further details.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2019 at 6:57pm
Table acquired. Not sure where it will be, but we should be easy to find. Just look for two guys engaged in some part of the carbine disassembly or inspection process. Also, our table will only be filled with carbine stuff, pickles, beef jerky and jewelry.

For my partner in carbines...

In additional to round rockers, carbine sleeves, misc. parts and such, we should have at least a few of these. An Irving Patterson, Dorchester, Overland, I.C.B.M., and a Motor-Ola. Sorry, no Optimus Primes, Wabasha's, Deadwoods or Dead Broke Quality Hardware's, or Regional UPS Millimeters.

Just kidding, on the Irving Patterson. Very rare. One of a kind. Something about a cousin with time on his hands for tinkering. Still need to do more research before showing.

Smile

Hope to see other collector's there!

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2019 at 9:47pm
A great time was had by all today. Special thanks to my partner in carbines Dave for making the long drive. (Told you the sleeves and bullets would sell). Wink. Wink.

We also set a record for the most club members in attendance. Dave and I brought our usual stuff and Bruce had his Rock and Inland in tow. We also met fellow club member Steve. Charles also made the long drive and had his Featured Carbine Philippine Presentation with him. Also had a great talk with Justan about carbine and recoil plates. I suspect he'll be joining club soon.

A sure sign of a good time is how fast it all went. Thanks to all who attended! Picture coming...

Looking forward to more research about the rarely observed Southern Yellow Pine handguards.

Thought I wouldn't be able to make it, but I'll be there tomorrow.
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2019 at 11:04pm
nice meeting you guys today. I am pleasantly surprised you spelled my name correct with an “a” I am going to try to make it tomorrow and talk with y’all again. I had a very good Carbine parts show with picking up and highwood inland stock, 2 RockOla magazines for cheap, a Winchester recoil plate(off yalls table), 2 1943 magazine “stock” pouches, a set of go/no go gauges, and a piston but wrench. I plan on hunting again tomorrow for more parts and will have a mixer RockOla with me. 
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2019 at 8:21am
.Just to add my 2 cents, Glad I spent the three hours drive down, doubt I'd do it again though but it was worth the time spent with good friends.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2019 at 9:59am
It was indeed very nice to meet fellow carbine collectors that all share the passion for these iconic weapons.

Just in the couple hours I was there, I learned a lot.  Charles is an expert in various types of wood; he id'ed the Italian stock on my 1943 Inland as being Birch.  I suspected it was not American Walnut.  Ted showed me how to remove the firing pin from the bolt without complete disassembly; you do need to use the bolt tool.  Also learned a few more tricks and tips...thanks guys.

These get togethers are informative and fun.  Look forward to the next one in November.

BTW - when I got home, I checked the stock and hand guard of my Bavarian NPM.  I do believe it is the rare and very elusive Southern Yellow Pine! Wink  That was funny Charles!
Semper Fi, Bruce
gibby65 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibby65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2019 at 8:03pm
I am glad that I decided to attend Sunday! I didn't think anyone from the club would be there but I was pleasantly surprised to find the table and a nice display of carbines. Had a great chat with m1a1fan and fellow new member Dirty30Carbine. Also had a great time talking with Gus while he inspected and tweaked my rifles. As always, it was also a learning experience. Learned from him that my "mix master" I.B.M. is all original except for the stock. He was fairly confident that my Quality Hardware was probably original as well based on the component parts. Best of all, now I know that they are good to go for the range! I look forward to hopefully meeting more folks at the next show!
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2019 at 8:40pm
It was mice to meet you Gibby, and beautiful Carbines you had with you. I will be at the next show and may bring a couple toys with me. 
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2019 at 10:56pm
Counting gibby65 and Dirty30Carbine who just joined, I think that makes 6 members who attended. Col. Mosby just joined, if my math is right, I'm upping it to seven!

I had such a great time with everyone at the show. Thanks to all who participated!

Can't wait for the next show and talking to everyone on the boards.

For the next show, I think we are going to need a bigger boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>