Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

15 Round Mags BW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15 Round Mags BW
    Posted: Sep 02 2016 at 6:28pm
Just wondering if someone is reproducing 15 round mags marked BW?? I'm looking to purchase 25 still in wrapper. Don't want to get burned Thanks, Gene
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Marty Black View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Editor in Chief Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2017 at 7:58pm
If they are still in the cellophane (or paper) wrapper, they are probably legit. Good luck, Marty Black
Marty Black
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2017 at 11:45pm
Marty      I did pass on the deal and what's funny I've seen a lot of BW (Winchester)mags listed for sale still in wrapper since then.   Thanks, Gene
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Marty Black View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Editor in Chief Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2017 at 11:59pm
Yeah, there must've been a lot of them BW mags that were manufactured late in the war, and sold as surplus afterwards. I once purchased an entire cardboard box of them, at an Illinois gunshow. The box was greasy and had the Ordnance markings on the outside, and the mags themselves were oiled and layered in the box, with the layers separated by oily cellophane paper. Beautiful blued shiny mags!

I wish I could remember the addressee on the box - I wanna say it was Rock-Ola, but I never took a photo of it, and tossed out the box at some point after selling off most of the mags. The oil on the inside of the box had deteriorated the cardboard, and it was falling apart. For sure, the addressee was not Winchester, which surprised me. I'm quite sure it was Rock-Ola, which would seem to indicate that this box was a "direct" Ordnance contract, and not a subcontract to Winchester.

The more we think we know, the less we really know?....Ha!   

Regards, MB
Marty Black
 Post Reply Post Reply