Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10-Round magazines?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101Abn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10-Round magazines?
    Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 2:05pm
I want to buy several 10-round magazines. What make has the best reputation and where do you find them?

Are the Pro Mags good/reliable?
bzh362 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzh362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 8:14pm
I bought one of the Pro Mags off of Midway a few years ago... During the first firing session, the floor plate came partly off, sliding forward about 1/4 inch. I had to "edit" the magazine a little bit, bending the floor plate and the tabs that hold it in place. Now it runs acceptably well. It seats rough in my guns though.

I far prefer my GI mag that is blocked to 10 rounds, it is a lot easier to seat, and feeds a bit better.

Let me know if you find any really good solution! I am behind enemy lines in CA.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 8:53pm
I don't claim to know much about non USGI carbine mags. I exclusively use USGI ...and a few S.Korean. 

However, I have had some experience with aftermarket mags for other firearms. From my experience Proform mags are mediocre. I'd only buy those if I had no other choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply